almost ready !

-
Once you air the tires down and do an effective burnout, I think you will see those SS springs start to work.

so still running around 117 ? I'm think'n you will find some mph in tuning and the 60 foot is gonna get better. you spent your money wisely, in the right places.
I see half second drop in et this summer.
test and tune, test and tune.............. ! good luck and have fun.

so still running around 117 ? I'm think'n you will find some mph in tuning and the 60 foot is gonna get better. you spent your money wisely, in the right places.
I see half second drop in et this summer.
test and tune, test and tune.............. ! good luck and have fun.

I agree. It is gonna be fun watchin him.

Thank you men, this season I would like to work on tuning and consistency. Oh ya and not breaking!! Lol like that ain't gonna happen....

I'm just too tired when I get home from work lately. I'm taking the day off tomorrow to figure this msd stuff out. Weather permitting this weekend will be my last chance to t&t before (lol weather permitting) the official race season starts.

Gotter in! (Msd) had some hick ups and still got to clean up the spaghetti. I left the 21° timing stop in, but changed to the medium blue advice springs. Thank you for everyone's help as always and especially 70aarcuda.

This year I'm going to try more all around tuning. Suspension, timing, distributor curves, carburetors ect.
Sooo, you know me- to many thinga at once and can't tell what made the improvement (or not!). At the same time I put in the msd I also put new jets & metering rods in the carbs. The rear carb is a old carter I think 625 CFM and the front is an edelbrock 1406 600 cfm. According to my wideband O2 sensor thats set up on the driver side exhaust. I've been running rich like 11.2 at wide open throttle and around 13 - at idle. Carter jets where .100 and metering rods 71-47. Couldn't make head nor tails out of the edelbrock stuff. So I got .092 jets and 71-47 rods for both as a starting point. It seemed like the opposite ? Like 12.2 at idle and 14.5 when I rev it up. I went ahead and popped in some .095 Jets and I'm going to see what that does of course none of this has been able to be tested under load and still there's a question mark in my head that maybe the cleaner burning Wider Gapped plugs with the MSD could be making it burn cleaner also? I wish I had more t&t time before the 1st race.

betcha you were good at snowball fights....... bomb away and you'll hit something :D

Well got most all the little bugs and do-dads finished today. For some reason I wasn't able to get a good timing set up ? I had it at 35° all in and wanted to back it up to 34°. Then couldn't get any consistency? My cheep junk timing gut is very suspect. On to the carbs- the .095 Jets were still to lean. I'll try some .098's tomorrow and if that doesn't work I'll go back to the jets and metering rods i started with and assume the new more superior ignition is creating a better burn.

go go, run that sucker like your *** is on fire and the seat is ketching...
Don't think I didn't notice the reference to the Charles Daniels Band song Easy Rider, but I prefer Easy Rider 88

Well got most all the little bugs and do-dads finished today. For some reason I wasn't able to get a good timing set up ? I had it at 35° all in and wanted to back it up to 34°. Then couldn't get any consistency? My cheep junk timing gut is very suspect. On to the carbs- the .095 Jets were still to lean. I'll try some .098's tomorrow and if that doesn't work I'll go back to the jets and metering rods i started with and assume the new more superior ignition is creating a better burn.

Is your timing light compatible with MSD ignition box? Some don't work with them.

Is your timing light compatible with MSD ignition box? Some don't work with them.
That's news to me ? I'd never heard that one before. It makes sense when I think about it though since msd is claimed a double spark at lower speeds.

That's news to me ? I'd never heard that one before. It makes sense when I think about it though since msd is claimed a double spark at lower speeds.

From what i have heard, the cheap bargain brand timing lights work just fine. The fancy one that you can set you timing to 34 degrees and spin the dial so that it lines up with TDC, are the the ones that get all goofy.

From what i have heard, the cheap bargain brand timing lights work just fine. The fancy one that you can set you timing to 34 degrees and spin the dial so that it lines up with TDC, are the the ones that get all goofy.
Okay now you made me actually have to admit how cheap My timing gun is okay here goes it's a harbor freight timing gun with a dial timing huh LOL there are you happy are you satisfied yes I'm that cheap! Or you could say that I'm that broke and that makes me feel better about it. Thank you for allowing me the avenue to get that off my chest. LOL
And good Lord I've been researching it and I'm in for another hundred and some-odd dollars for a timing gun
#-o
also thank you for confirming this could be a problem :salute:

The digital timing lights don't usually work with the msd. Look for an anolog dial back light.

skip that crap with a dial knob-that is where errors come in-use a msd or craftsman(who msd recommends) timing light , and a damper marked at 35, 37, 39

Okay now you made me actually have to admit how cheap My timing gun is okay here goes it's a harbor freight timing gun with a dial timing huh LOL there are you happy are you satisfied yes I'm that cheap! Or you could say that I'm that broke and that makes me feel better about it. Thank you for allowing me the avenue to get that off my chest. LOL
And good Lord I've been researching it and I'm in for another hundred and some-odd dollars for a timing gun
#-o
also thank you for confirming this could be a problem :salute:

Anyone who passes on a 4 barrel for a tunnel ram and TWO 4 barrel......I would never call cheap!.....ok How about inexpensive:D

skip that crap with a dial knob-that is where errors come in-use a msd or craftsman(who msd recommends) timing light , and a damper marked at 35, 37, 39

x2

Anyone who passes on a 4 barrel for a tunnel ram and TWO 4 barrel......I would never call cheap!.....ok How about inexpensive:D
LOL- the front Edelbrock I inherited with the car and the Carter carburetor on the back was given to me by a Chevy guy who couldn't get the choke to work correctly. Of course I applied a whole 12 volts to it and it's actually the one carburetor that I use for the choke LOL

On to the next of seemingly several questions today - my front end has plenty of room to be let down via the torsion bar adjusters. If I loosen them a couple of cranks each, will it throw out my alignment ? I.e. Camber- caster -toe :dontknow:

On to the next of seemingly several questions today - my front end has plenty of room to be let down via the torsion bar adjusters. If I loosen them a couple of cranks each, will it throw out my alignment ? I.e. Camber- caster -toe :dontknow:
Yep, adjusting the torsion bars messes with the alignment. You can get away with a small adjustment....

Okay I'm getting it all out of my head and out here on the Forum. Now I'm starting to think about the distributor curve like I said I put the two Blue Springs in which is kind of a medium and left the 21-degree stop ringing which comes with in the MSD distributor. Before I had the stock one with no vacuum advance hooked up and the 10 degrees of mechanical Advance. 25° initial - mechanical to be at 34 All In. Now I have 21 degrees. It starts great of course and runs great. But at what point do I think about maybe putting a shorter stop in like 19 degrees the lowest one which might make it run a little better at lower RPMs but come in quicker how quick is too quick? Like I'm sure there's a point to where I don't want to be all in at to low of a RPM correct?

-
Back