almost ready !

-
Well I got my first T&T tonight. It was at pir a no prep track that my previous best was a 12.2. I did my very best of 11.6 which is a tenth better than I've done at Woodburn - a full prep dragstrip.
The v-gate shifter took a few passes to trust.
All in all- I had fun :burnout: :D

Good first outing; we'd be interested in your incrementals.

Okay, said I was done spending $$ on the car this year, :banghead: BUT :banghead:
I got the car on the trailer last night and it was a little askew so I went to restart it and it would not restart and it seems like it was flooding. I came home and tried to start it and it wouldn't start thinking it was flooded at the track. I was fiddling around and noticed the distributor cap had one of the snaps off. &$@#! I put that on and she fired right up. So I was going to install the whole MSD 6al and two step (wife got me for x-mas) and of course the coil 70aarcuda sent me. Now I went ahead and pulled the trigger on MSD distributor because I don't want that to happen again #-o I might as well not do things halfway of course when you get the distributor you got to get the wires. :violent1: I was able to get Summit to match Advance Auto Parts coupon online and get it for a hundred $203 which was kind of a good deal. So this week I will put all that stuff on and I plan on pulling the carburetors off also and putting new Jets and metering rods to lean it out a bit it seems and it always has seemed a bit rich. Oh ya, recheck initial value lash and probably take a wrench do all the bolts underneath and checked the linkage on the shifter and make sure just everything looks right. Easy right ? :coffee2:

Nice job man! I bet it was good to get some seat time after all the work.
The MSD dizzy is a sexy peice and it just looks right!

I gotta say im a bit jealous, but it just goes to show that these projects can be done. (Well not truly finished/done but you get what im saying.)

here's a couple video links. I can download them on YouTube and then paste them here but I have to take them one at a time so I'll edit this post a couple times with a couple videos. This first one is my video of one of my first launches. it seems like I got some better front end lift? the wife is doing the best she can taking videos with my phone....Watch "2016 first pass" on YouTube
[ame]https://youtu.be/1rDZhAHgfjk[/ame]
my door was ajar- crap!
I call this video - bye bye ricer :burnout:
Watch "Bye bye ricer" on YouTube
[ame]https://youtu.be/hr8F7nqGSLs[/ame]

7.521 in the 1/8th. I'm hoping to get much better 60ft times at Woodburn in three weeks.

It's pulling hard on the big end. When I had the 340 in my Dart it ran 11.60s, 7.24 with 1.52 60's.

At Woodburn you're liable to lose a shoe walking across the starting line it's so sticky. On the other hand at PIR your liable to slip and fall at the starting line. I forgot last night that I started the night at 17 pounds in the back tires just to keep it stable on the big end for my first few passes and forgot to lower the air pressure. I usually run about 12 pounds.

Well fixing to start in on the msd stuff tomorrow after work. I posted this question on the electrical part of the forum with no response- do I just round file the other ignition ? Is there any need for the ballast resister? The old ignition box? Never installed a msd. Of course it comes with instructions, but I haven't seen anything saying what I don't need anymore...

Cool. I guess you got the trans sorted out?

Cool. I guess you got the trans sorted out?
I reckon, it shifted good. I never have been inside a 4 speed before this last winter. And setting up that vertigate shifter was a new challenge also and making linkage for it. It was a little weird at first trusting the shifter that it wasn't going from first to second and back to first again LOL, but it seems pretty cool I'd like to get some more time with it soon.

It seems like my blow-by issue is either back or the Hughes Rockers are throwing oil at my breather and I'm getting a little on the passenger side. Oddly enough it's in the Breather on the same valve cover that I have the exhaust evacuation tube on?

Well fixing to start in on the msd stuff tomorrow after work. I posted this question on the electrical part of the forum with no response- do I just round file the other ignition ? Is there any need for the ballast resister? The old ignition box? Never installed a msd. Of course it comes with instructions, but I haven't seen anything saying what I don't need anymore...

I have not done an MSD in a while but they don't require a ballast resistor usually. The 2 step will make a big difference. All you need is the box and the wiring. What are you using for a trigger?

It seems like my blow-by issue is either back or the Hughes Rockers are throwing oil at my breather and I'm getting a little on the passenger side. Oddly enough it's in the Breather on the same valve cover that I have the exhaust evacuation tube on?

Just saw this. Are you running the pan evac on one side only? If so, why? You are giving up half of you ability to create a depression in the pan.

I would suspect you need a better baffle in the valve cover.

Having fun for sure! Back to learning? As I start in on this msd I also got the msd distributor today. Of course it comes with instructions on how to adjust the curve ? Well no clue and also not really understanding the information msd provides. I'd like to have that sorted before I drop it in. Any suggestions/experience would be appreciated.

In just lookin at your video, it seems you didn't do a burnout that heated the tires effectively.

In just lookin at your video, it seems you didn't do a burnout that heated the tires effectively.
Agreed, i even forgot to air down the tires. With changing the rear end completely rebuilding the transmission linkage and shifter putting on heads with different valves and changing the Rockers on the motor, I was more just making sure everything was working. I'm expecting much different results and more careful preparation at an official drag strip instead of that street Grudge Match test and tune spot.

-
Back