Alterkation Install

-

wazoo64

Reaction score
I just ordered an alter k for my 67 coronet. I'm going to install without pulling motor. Any tips on doing so? How did you support the motor with kmember out?

bill uses a really cool piece that sits on the fenders with rubber pads and bolts it to the intake to support the motor. then you just drop the K out. pretty slick. I hope doesn't mind me giving away his secret. lol.

i just used an engine hoise coming in from the side.. piece of cake man.. once you put the k-frame part in you can bolt the motor mounts and all in and drop the motor back done and remove the hoist..

yours will be even easier on a lift. no jack in the way..

alterK016.jpg

alterK020.jpg

alterK021.jpg

alterK030.jpg

alterK084.jpg

Friend of mine just swapped out a K in a charger with his lift. Used double unistrut braced across the fender wells and chained to the block. Padding on the fender wells obviously. Raised the car up and voila! Done and done.

Man. Id really like to do an Alterkation conversion while I've got the engine out of my Dart for the rebuild. What are guys realistically paying for this conversion w/manual disc brakes, for a '67 A-body? Seems like about $5k?

Sorry OP, not trying to hijack, just curious.

5k seems about right. $4250 plus the standard wilwood 11" brake kit at $695.

its a great system. ill be putting up a build/install thread soon on mine.

I just swapped a K for a K on my 67, just took a 4x4 propped up onto padded 2x4s on the inner aprons, a chain up over the 4x4 with a binder. I forget? used alternator mounting bolt and PS mount holes? to fasten the chain.

Sorry, no photos of the engine, I used straps to work it up into place, then a screw jack to nudge the last few inches

attachment.php

It snowed on me at one point...............

attachment.php

-
Back