Alternative for power brakes

-
Are you using this MC with Power or Manual brakes ?

The ebay listing shows it's for Power brakes....

MY apologies,,

I have not in fact used THAT M/C,, the one I usually recommend had a dead link,, and I cross referenced it,, but cannot state it's the same..

The M/C I have used, and recommended in previous threads, is RAYBESTOS Part # MC36406,, Rockauto's link is dead,, But Amazon still lists them.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C6ZXDG/?tag=joeychgo-20

If you scroll down the link to applications,, you'll see it's for both "power" and "manual" brakes,,

Again,, Sincerest apology,,

Year ?
Is that with abs or w/o abs ?

What do you mean by two power not one ?

With ABS, that is why I said "w/ ABS". The MC in post #17 is w/o ABS. It has 4 ports. The ABS MC has just 2 ports (front & rear). Don't use a non-ABS MC unless you want to plug the extra ports or plan to use to eliminate the distribution block. Re cost, I recall buying several new on ebay for $25 (incl. reservoir), plus a rebuild kit cheap.

I said ", one not", not "not one".
Two of my cars have a power booster, one is manual brakes. Of the power ones, one has a 1965 booster w/ adapter plate. The other (65 Dart in my avatar) has both the Breeze MC and booster (no adapter needed). The Breeze booster is mounted to 1974 Dart stand-off brackets.

Many MC's would work, as others have shown. Avoid ones after ~2000 when most changed to "bubble flare" ports, unless you can deal with those (youtube shows how).

When you use one of those 2\4 bolt adapters it must change your pedal height, no?
No for me.
Yes, you do want to insure the pedal winds up in the same place. For my two power brake cars, that is implicit because the pedal attaches to Mopar parts - one a Mopar booster, the other a Dart "stand-off bracket w/ lever".

For my manual brake car, I was concerned. Below is a photo showing the pedal will be in the same place in my 64 Valiant, when using the Breeze ABS MC and adapter plate. The 2nd photo shows the final assembly, stealing the bellows from the single-pot MC (super-glued), and an MC bracket from an Intrepid that is useful for securing parts (adj proportioning valve, etc).

Another thing to insure is that the A-body brake rod is secured in the MC piston. Were it to pop out, you might lose brakes. I used the factory rubber bushing on the end of the rod. In the first photo I had it on for a "test fit". When I decided to add the dust bellows, I tried to remove the rod and had to beat it out, tearing up the rubber bushing, so I would say it is secure. I used another bushing for the finale.

Finally, what to do with the "low reservoir" switch. First, steal the mating connector in the junkyard. It is 2 terminals that short when either float drops low. You can parallel it with an existing "brake warning" lamp that shorts to ground (e-brake?). Ex. my 1996 Voyager has 3 sensors that can short to ground to light the "brake" lamp - low reservoir, pressure imbalance, e-brake.

You might ask why I didn't post these photos before. I did make a post, but now it can't find it a few years later, searching from google, even using a copy of my words. Did FABO delete it? If so, I may stop providing free content.

Attachments

• Breeze MC pedal same position.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Breeze MC w adapter & Dart rod.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 140
-
Back