Alternative to cable or satellite

-

MVRCorp

Reaction score
Just curious if any, are you guys are live streaming your TV programs. After I cut way back on my cable I discovered Netflix and found I could get in a lot of sports programs directly off the Internet. Of course high-speed Internet is a must to do this. A lot of the newer TVs are coming out Internet ready. I was fortunate enough to get access to some salvageable computers and am currently combining them into one master media center. Do any of you know any other websites out there besides Netflix that give you access to TV shows and movies.

Jim

There are several. Some of the networks stream old TV series, one I think is called "hulu."

When you say "alternative to cable or satellite," though you need to specify "TV." Both are nothing more than a transmission medium, and TV, internet, and a few other things can be sent over 'em.

Last summer I put up a new antenna and rotor and found 39 channels free. Try solid signal for the parts. I live about 50 miles north of Philiadelphia. I'm sure when they get the WTC finished I'll be able to double that. FREE

Find your neighbors connection and......well.....you know....

Just curious if any, are you guys are live streaming your TV programs. After I cut way back on my cable I discovered Netflix and found I could get in a lot of sports programs directly off the Internet. Of course high-speed Internet is a must to do this. A lot of the newer TVs are coming out Internet ready. I was fortunate enough to get access to some salvageable computers and am currently combining them into one master media center. Do any of you know any other websites out there besides Netflix that give you access to TV shows and movies.

Jim

Yes there are alternatives:
A pretty girl, a well equipped garage, a well stock refrigerator, and a hobby car.

I could save a lot of money if I didnt have to buy everything else to get speedvision

For movies try tubeplus or movie2k. Quality is so so but you get the movies as soon as they come out or sometimes before. You could also purchase an antenna and pull in your local stations as well for free

1 word ROKU.
It works with netflix and there's a ton of other stuff out there to include 6 or 7 channels of free ****.

-
Back