ALTERNATOR SHAFT SIZE

-

A/MP

Reaction score
Would like to switch to 1 wire alternator. Will my factory pulley fit or is this another transformation to metric sizing? I have not chose one yet.

IIRC they are 13mm (maybe 17mm as stated later...sounds familiar now) . I just pulled one (factory round back) and it was the same size as a treadmill DC motor to my surprise.

Last edited:
Would like to switch to 1 wire alternator. Will my factory pulley fit or is this another transformation to metric sizing? I have not chose one yet.

Most of the time the alternator comes with the pulley, unless you have a pulley you want to use.

I'm going to say "no". Bear in mind that Mopar alternators with the original type are press on, while Delco/ Ford/ modern Denso etc are typically nut retained.

17 mm. 6203 front bearing.

Had access to a book way back when. Had specs to dam near every bearing made at that time. Size,load ratings and average revolutions before failure.

The IBI and ISI are the "bible" of bearing/ seal interchange. I first encountered them at a big parts store I went to work for in about? 81-ish

-
Back