Alum headed 408 running hot come in....

-
Pull. Doesn't block air getting to the radiator when they aren't on.

Fire the fans up and throw a piece of paper on the front of the radiator. It should stick tight. If it blows back at you, the fans are wired backwards.

Right now I just clicked them on...in front of the car placed a piece of paper on the radiator facing the grill it blew the paper off the radiator...so that means I wired them backwards. Now what do I do just switch the wires?

Right now I just clicked them on...in front of the car placed a piece of paper on the radiator facing the grill it blew the paper off the radiator...so that means I wired them backwards. Now what do I do just switch the wires?

Yes, that should reverse the polarity and rotation.
Lots of good solutions here to a somewhat common problem.

Rain to clear then we will see if its fixed, because I couldn't imagin having all aluminum stuff and it still run so hot...thanks guys always nice and alot of help...ill keep u updated

Switched the wires, now it blows in the right direction...so road test and we will see how she does.

You need to make sure the fan blade is turned in the correct direction, as it can be reversed as well. Glad you got it figured out!

Sounds like you solved the problem. BTW - 210 degrees is not too hot if you are running 50/50 coolant/distilled water and have a good cap.

Taking it to dyno session tommarrow, and I bought it from u gary. I live like 20 mins from the plant....it should be fine now I have the fans going the right direction. .lol

is the water pump actually moving water?
when its cold, start with rad cap off, ( if you have no thermostat ) make sure you can see coolant flowing across rad in cap opening. You may even be able to see it move faster as you ( or some one else) revs the engine.

Nate, a shroud around the exposed back of that radiator would make those PULLERS run even more efficient. Just a full cover about 2" off the rear of the radiator with 2 sealed holes cut for the fans. That way the fans pull across the entire radiator, not only across 2 14" circles. But you should be about 40 cooler now you figured the rotation out.
flaps are closed when idle, they open when the car is in motion.
717dulM9S8L._SL1500_.jpg

My water pump is working fine, and I tried a shroud but it didnt clear my dumb march pulleys, but either way I have a half day at the dyno to work it out so me and my buddy will get all bugs worked out. Be at fontana sunday so see if it will click off 11s...it ran 7.40 at 90mph at barona running hot and no tuning right off trailor

-
Back