[WANTED] Aluminum 225 block in good condition

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do find one please post pictures. So rare, I've never seen one
Cheers,
Here you go.
ALUMINUM 225.jpg

There was one last year down here in Texas. East Texas near Tyler if I remember correctly. It was on FB marketplace.

I ran across three of them here locally, but, they all had bad corrosion problems, so, I never had any interest in getting one.

Is there a way to see corrosion without pulling it apart?
I imagine it would have to come apart to be 100% sure, but maybe a few observations that would indicate one way or another.

20200903_124005.jpg

Is there a way to see corrosion without pulling it apart?
I imagine it would have to come apart to be 100% sure, but maybe a few observations that would indicate one way or another.

View attachment 1715841748

I I was told the little old lady who drove it in for trade on another car had overheating issues. I'll have to look at the odometer how long it lasted. I also have the seemingly harder to find felpro gasket set with the layered copper head gasket.

Still think block rock with cooling channels 3" down patches like grenade pins around the cylinders and an oil cooler and gasket mod of opening up between the 3/4 would survive. Imo it's more a matter of time when they blow out and not if.

I just realized this is a wanted thread, I know to stay out of for sale threads, if the same applies here my apologies.

Still good topic to address, whether he comes back or not.
If I had a running engine I would take and do a cooling flush right away.
Refill with good antifreeze mixture and watch for cooling loss.

I have a block here with small holes on the back of the block.
Another with massive corrosion at the top of a few bores.
I think the one with small holes can be repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back