Aluminum bumper brackets, a new offering

-
They are heavy, but I think the most savings is from getting rid of the beam in the bumper that the shocks bolt to. I was lucky enough to be able to swap mine for aluminum ones from a Feather Duster.

It seems like my car is one of the few 1974 Dusters with shock mount bumpers both front and rear. In the case of the front frame rails, mine still has the holes for the standard bumper but no threads. The rear is really different and missing sheet metal to make it work.

What would be really cool is if you could figure out brackets that bolt to the bumper without the beam and used bolt holes that are existing in the frame rails. Oh, and pulled the bumper in an inch or more. I bet people could drop 100# or more off the car if they could replace the shocks and beams with an aluminum bracket.
My 74 is the same. Gutted the beam, but still have shocks.

Has anybody disassembled the shocks to see if they can be permanently compressed?

Mine are, but a friend did it while he owned the car so not sure exactly what he did. Maybe drilled a hole in the body to remove the oil, then compressed and welded them solid?

I have on pair on my car? You want em? I bought ( like a fool) the inner bumper core and frame brakets for a 74, trying to save a Lil weight. my buddy tossed the bumper, he said...
I’m looking for the shocks, is that what you have?

Are you talking about the front? I'm pretty sure the rear are the same as 70-72.

Ok, thank you. Would be interested in a set for fiberglass bumpers. I would only use the inner piece's that bolt to the bumper and frame, none of the outer supports.

I'm sorting thru stuff today to find the stock set so I can confirm my fixture. It might be a day or two before I get back to you. Thanks

You're inbox is full. I have those brackets in stock in .125" for fiberglass, $142 and .190" for steel, $180 plus shipping. I need you're zip for shipping quote. Thanks

I mis quoted, $132 for the fronts not $142.
Do you have anything for a rear 1970 dart bumper and if so, will they hold a stripped steel bumper or should I plan on fiberglass?

-
Back