aluminum cyl heads

-

gardy walls

Cuda 1
Reaction score
I have 1968 Cuda Fastback. The block is 1971 TA 340 bored 060. It has the following. 318 steel crank std. 8qt oil pan Milodon high volume oil pump purple 292 duration 509 lift camshaft 340X heads double roller Cloyes timing chain Offenhauser Port-O-sonic single plane intake Forged aluminum 10:1 pistons holley 650 double pump carb electric high volume fuel pump. Assembly all balaced. I would like to go with roller rockers and aluminum cyl head. What do think.?

It's your car, you seem to have it handled up untill now. You probably know the pro's and con's, if not it's a google search away. Why bother asking us? Just being social?

The homework has been done......how much you want to enhance performance would be the next question.
Eddies will knock a good chunk of weight off the front end and give a slight gain.
Ported , they will provide a substantial gain.
Next up might be the Airwolf heads , but they are new and I haven't seen anyone use them yet......but everything I read shows promise.
Commando's ?
I think there is more bang for the buck out there , but the large port version is capable of making some steam with complimentary parts.
With quality rockers , you are staring at a couple G's if you buy new and buy right.....add another 800 for porting.
For three grand , with no other changes ...........check that........it will now want a bigger carb.
Good exhaust.
The cam would work , but it would really come to life with a little more stick.
But you could see around 40 - 50 h.p. with ported heads alone , and closer to 100 with matching intake , carb , cam and exhaust.

Thanks for the help, and yes that could be a 1970 TA block I had it given to me, kid left it at the machine shop couldn't afford the work that was done. They didn't care what it was they just wanted gone. The original block I cracked. The engine was put together about 10 or 12 years ago and sat. I have had back on the road for a couple of years now. My brother and I decided to go drag racing for a couple of years back in the early 70's I have had the car ever since. Thanks.

there are several aluminium heads available...the most popular is the eddy ...

-
Back