Aluminum Slant Six

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well doing something like this shouldn't be that difficult or expensive,

eg054.jpg

eg055.jpg

i done a ton of them for Honduh blocks also weld em on and deck the block after and works wonders, as long as the block has ductile iron sleeves!

i am under the impression from some previous articles that 63 and later heads will work on the alum. block? the special was put on the head in 61&62, because they were a special head in those years. i have a alum. block 62 lancer, and love it. just planning for the future if a head is needed.
whats the thoughts on this?

Attachments

• lancer for sale 016.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 327
1961 225 Aluminum shortblock, bored .030, new .030 pistons , new cam and lifters etc. Everything cleaned and ready to assemble. I need to add that the motor comes with two useable cranks, a usable head, a complete gasket set including two fibre head gaskets and one steel shim gasket, and two oil pans. Absolutely no corrosion from electrolysis on the top surface of the block which is a common problem with the aluminum block. Mainly caused from running pure water.

I went and dropped the price to $1000. Looking at it as a whole $1500 was a bit too much to ask.

[email protected]

Imagine Captain Kirk Looking up and screaming........................

FRANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK

This is for you Frank, most of the cell phone generation know this already, Laughing My *** Off!
At least one person got it! Congrats Frank!

Thanks Stan. You could have had it for $1500. It will go into a very nice '62 Lancer with an aluminum engine that I bought in WA for $1500 last year. I'll give you first shot at the old engine after I see what condition it's in. How is the heater box I sent you?

$1500 1962 225 aluminum shortblock, new pistons .030, cam etc. Sorry, i don't have a spare "special" head". Everything cleaned and ready to assemble. Absolutely no corrosion from electrolysis on the top surface of the block which is a common problem with the aluminum block. Mainly caused from running pure water.

[email protected]

my original intent was to go ahead and use this motor to replace the original aluminumn motor in my lancer wagon. Since i haven't found an original head i've decided to go ahead and pull my motor and rebuild it.

**********************************sold******************************

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back