Aluminum small bolt Indy slot mags

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Ive stumbled upon a set of small bolt indy slot mags. Looks like he rear wheels might be wider than the front and concerned. Exactly what is the maximum width of wheels that can go on the back of 63/66 Valiant and if these are the right size which size tire can be used that will not rub anything. I believe these are the standard 3.5 ish back spacing. At the moment the car is stock height. Thanks for the help, really want a set of these wheels on the car.

7" wide with a 4" backspace is the most common maximum size.

10-18-19d.jpg

Ive stumbled upon a set of small bolt indy slot mags. Looks like he rear wheels might be wider than the front and concerned. Exactly what is the maximum width of wheels that can go on the back of 63/66 Valiant and if these are the right size which size tire can be used that will not rub anything. I believe these are the standard 3.5 ish back spacing. At the moment the car is stock height. Thanks for the help, really want a set of these wheels on the car.

I have older 14" SBP aluminum slots on the car now. No issues

Those are 235-70/15.

Here's some 225-70/15's on 15x7 with a 4.25 backspace.

001b.JPG

The more backspace the better, to a point. That is the problem with the older mag wheels, not enough backspace puts the tire too close to the fender. 14 or 15 by six, with a 3 1/2 bs will probably work, cause you can't put a very wide tire on a six. 3 1/2 bs with a seven will likely also restrict tire size.
As said above , 4" or more of bs is preferred.

The US Mag Indy’s have 4.5” backspacing on the 8” rim. It is super tight with 225/60/15 and has to trim the lip a bit. They rub up deep because I have the original weak springs. And it bottoms out occasionally.

06B6A35D-1FC9-47BC-92B8-121D3E0A08EB.jpeg

-
Back