am i going insane?

-

justin hughes

Miss my car
Reaction score
heres the deal, ive been driving the town and country for about 6 months now, there is no hope for me to get the valiant on the road this summer. so my ole lady had a 95 blazer that we almost never drove , even though it was clean inside and out. she finds an 01 mustang on the barter section of craigslist. :angry7:needless to say we ended up trading even up for this bright red mustang with 6 banger. the car is beautiful and drives nice. now here comes the crazy part: i have been driving this ford to work and around town cruising, i actually am having fun with this car even though it has the acceleration characteristics of my slant 6 1barrel.i even took the weekend to personalize it for her. tried to bolt my ralley wheels on to moparize it a little bit, but she wouldnt let me. i despise fords and said i wouldnt be caught dead in the drivers seat of one. its always been mopar or no car for me. im going to be 37 in a couple days. is this the beginning of my mid life crisis or am i going mad and letting my fellow mopar crowd down? or could it be i like the attention of all the pretty girls that turn and stare when i drive by not realizing that i have kids and mop floors for a living?

one thing you can't argue is the stang is a really fun car. i had a 90 5.0 rag top. man i miss that car. i want another one bad. as far as that mopar or no car crap goes i threw that out years ago. too many cool cars were built from gm and ford to be mopar or no car gs buiks, super duty pontiacs, cobra jet fords, cougar eliminators...etc. i was mopar or no car well in to my 20's. up until i bought a new dodge shadow in 92 and a new dakota 4x4 in 93. well that killed it for me. last year we bought a 07 magnum and it just proved chrysler hasn't changed in years so screw them.. and seriously why be all loyal to a company that doesn't give a crap about you. they going to pay your bills if you lose your job? hell no. i love pre 73 (except the LRE) mopars as my toys but thats where the loyalty ends. daily driver i'll buy the best bang for my $$$ and a car that meets my needs best, toys i prefer mopars but also really love pontiacs...

If it's any consolation.. the first mustang was designed by a mopar man.
So long as you dont feel the need to wear a bowtie , you'll be fine :)

my first ride in a car back on august 8th in 1973 was in my dads royal blue 1970 mach 1 351c 4 speed. the most fun i ever had driving a non mopar was when i was 17 and had a 1976 trans am 400 4 speed and posi. all my rear drive mopars have been small blocks and automatics that is until i got bit by the slant 6 bug when i bought my valiant. one thing funny that i noticed about the mustang logo while washing it, i broke the tail off the plastic horse with the wash mit, and without the tail the horse looks like its squatting to do its buisiness. i did glue the tail back on at my fiances request!

No, you're not goin insane. You're growin up. There are plenty of fine cars of other makes besides Mopar. Some of the Rustangs are nice. I like the old ones. I'd love to do a '65 fastback car one day, but it'll probably never happen. I even wouldn't mind a 64-65 Falcon.....with a 428. It's a bolt in swap with all factory Ford parts. Daddy had a 65, so that body is kinda dear. I like some kinda pretty much every make....well......Saab....they could fail to have never been invented and I wouldn't miss them.

i would love a new challenger more than anything even a viper, but looking at prices on challengers vs. mustangs it seems to me that challengers are geared more for 50 plus year olds with all the gadgets and luxury items that make a car too heavy along with high sticker price. not knocking anyones age , but just from the way my life is working out, i will be 50 plus when i will be able to spend that kind of money on a car ,if i stay at my job. just seems like a 300hp v6 mustang is alot more bang for the buck. when it comes to retro american muscle.

I go through phases. Sometimes old Fords, Sometimes Chevys. I prefer Mopar and most of the vehicles I currently have are Mopar.
I like good deals, doesnt matter the brand, when you are addicted to old cars, but if its Mopar I am happier!
Just have fun with it and keep working on the Valiant. A Blazer for a Stang is a great trade on your part!

i would love a new challenger more than anything even a viper, but looking at prices on challengers vs. mustangs it seems to me that challengers are geared more for 50 plus year olds with all the gadgets and luxury items that make a car too heavy along with high sticker price. not knocking anyones age , but just from the way my life is working out, i will be 50 plus when i will be able to spend that kind of money on a car ,if i stay at my job. just seems like a 300hp v6 mustang is alot more bang for the buck. when it comes to retro american muscle.

I'm old, but still broke, so I know what you're talkin about. As i saidin that other thread around here.....now would be the perfect time for Chrysler to reintroduce the Road Runner. A bare bones haul butt far that the masses could actually afford.

I'm personally glad you bought one of the American 3.

So since it's a Ford, you are only half insane.

That means you're the kind of insane that is entertaining...:happy6::happy6:

not psycho insane.:snakeman:

Ditching a '90s GM product is never insane. If you said you traded your Blazer for this, I'd still give you the thumbs up.

vespa_ciao_1976.jpg

I've always wanted on 03 cobra mustang...:) But I'd also like to have just an 03 GT..

I've owned lots of Fords, lots of Chevys (inc. a '90 Corvette convert.), an '80 Trans Am, Jeeps, Scouts, even an Acura NSX, but the only one I kept for 20+ years was a broken down, ragged-out '72 Dart.

-
Back