Am I just getting old, or should I be a little pissed off

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
I am 66. I really don't want to be the grumpy old guy down the street, but I am really getting tired of the punk kids in the neighborhood blowing off fireworks until well after midnight night after night. In Kansas you can start buying them one week before the 4th. I could live with 10 PM or so until the 4th, and then I'm OK with midnight, but we have to endure an entire week of it until past midnight. My main question is, "Where are the parents?" Are they sitting in the house not caring if their kids are disturbing the entire neighborhood? There are ordinances here, but they are not enforced. I just don't get it. It gets worse every year. I don't want to hear, "It's only for a week". It is just rude and inconsiderate.

Just be glad it's only fireworks, my old neighborhood in SW Atlanta sounded like a warzone twice a year. You could hear the bullets raining down through the pine trees.

I am 66. I really don't want to be the grumpy old guy down the street, but I am really getting tired of the punk kids in the neighborhood blowing off fireworks until well after midnight night after night. In Kansas you can start buying them one week before the 4th. I could live with 10 PM or so until the 4th, and then I'm OK with midnight, but we have to endure an entire week of it until past midnight. My main question is, "Where are the parents?" Are they sitting in the house not caring if their kids are disturbing the entire neighborhood? There are ordinances here, but they are not enforced. I just don't get it. It gets worse every year. I don't want to hear, "It's only for a week". It is just rude and inconsiderate.
It is inconsiderate to be doing them that late...so, no, you're not just getting old. And it's the parents' fault for not teaching them consideration.

Don't worry about being the grumpy old man down the road until you start yelling at them to get off of your lawn! But, then again according to Lewis Black, good guys die young but PRICKS LIVE FOREVER! So yelling at them would be just like taking vitamins!

:lol:

If you raise too much stink, there may be repercussions... Stay off their radar and just let it go... Only a couple more days...

My grandpa had a saying, "Don't piss off the neighborhood teenagers"....

(They can make your life a living hell....)

You can also give them a "hint" by lighting a M-80 or quarter stick at 3 AM... (let them know how it feels....)

They won't see that as badly as calling the cops...

Working in lawton Oklahoma, was woken up after midnight like the third day here, was about to go bang on my neighbors door for dropping his weights on the floor, thought he was lifting barbells. Turned out it was artillery from Ft Sill doing night training. 15-20 miles away and it sounded like it was next door, you are lucky it is only for a couple of nights. happens here all the time.

but I am really getting tired of the punk kids in the neighborhood blowing off fireworks until well after midnight night after night.

I guess it depends on personality. I get the same here, and it bothers my dog more than me, lol. I tend to get grumpy over more serious matters.

Maybe put some earplugs in a night.

With all of that said, some people have no sense of respect either.

66 -- I thought you said you were old. I was just hitting my prime at 66:thumbsup::rofl: and that was along time ago

What if it's not the kids?

My next door crack head neighbors it's the parents.

I'm constantly cleaning empty fireworks casings out of my backyard.

The neighbor across the street gets up at 3AM to open the restaurant where he's head chef and starts prepping for breakfast service at 5:30.

He told the neighbors on no uncertain terms they were to shut the fireworks down at 10pm at the latest or he was gonna have a good old fashioned house burning party.

Every night they shut it down at 10 on the dot.

In the meantime, my Afghan vet neighbor on the other side of me wants to climb under his table with the first couple of fireworks they set off.

These idiots set them off at 3 in the afternoon because their stupid eight year (forgive me for using the term stupid with a child, but she is definitely a product of her brain fried parents) likes the noise, even though she can't see them.

Here's your (my) shirt.

IMG_1689.JPG

Just fill a lawn & leaf bag with acetylene tape news paper all over it light a corner of the paper and run like hell they will never forget the sound Deep tone and super loud it makes. Maybe it will take out the window glass

You just need to get yourself some Roman candles, and next time you see those punks, light them up

Just fill a lawn & leaf bag with acetylene tape news paper all over it light a corner of the paper and run like hell they will never forget the sound Deep tone and super loud it makes. Maybe it will take out the window glass

Yes, do this!!!^^^ Your life will never be the same!!!

It's the sound of freedom, let the kids be. I say you join them and buy the biggest badass fireworks you can afford. Your 66 man your not dead. Celebrate your independence. Happy 4th guys.

Just be glad it's only fireworks, my old neighborhood in SW Atlanta sounded like a warzone twice a year. You could hear the bullets raining down through the pine trees.

We had a local young boy get killed a few years back from a raining bullet on the 4th of July..... It doesn't bode much in my book for doing this to celebrate. In fact, most people have no clue just how dangerous Fireworks can be but hey life goes on.....

Everyone be safe......

JW

If you raise too much stink, there may be repercussions... Stay off their radar and just let it go... Only a couple more days...

My grandpa had a saying, "Don't piss off the neighborhood teenagers"....

(They can make your life a living hell....)

You can also give them a "hint" by lighting a M-80 or quarter stick at 3 AM... (let them know how it feels....)

They won't see that as badly as calling the cops...
Not fireworks but one year at Moparfest, our hotel was also hosting a bunch of young dudes. Well, they were driving mom & dad's hummers and BMWs in and out until about 3AM. Lots of noise, car stereos, yelling etc etc. 6 AM WE started firing up Mopars. Loud Mopars. Bleary eyed young dudes appeared on the balconies wondering WTF just hit them. Beautiful!

OK, I feel better. I am glad it is only a week.
Reminds me of a camping -4 wheeler riding trip one weekend on the lake. A bunch of Mexicans were drinking and raising hell, playing their ------music till way after midnight. We were outnumbered about 3 to 1. Guess who got woke up at 5 in the morning by loud two strokes running back and forth thru their camp , some times payback is priceless.-----------Lest we not forget, " Vengance is mine, sayith the LORD."

When I was in college, I had a test to study for the next day... The guys in the room next to me went our partying and came in around 2 -3 AM making all kinds of noise... We asked them to be quiet, even the RA on our floor asked them to keep the noise down and they kept it up....

So I when I got up for my test the next morning, I waited until 8:01 when "quiet hours" were over and blasted some Boston at 80 watts... They were on the other side of the wall from me and I'm sure that I woke them up... Having that deep base pounding in their heads along with their hangover - priceless....

They never came in loud again....

When I was in college, I had a test to study for the next day... The guys in the room next to me went our partying and came in around 2 -3 AM making all kinds of noise... We asked them to be quiet, even the RA on our floor asked them to keep the noise down and they kept it up....

So I when I got up for my test the next morning, I waited until 8:01 when "quiet hours" were over and blasted some Boston at 80 watts... They were on the other side of the wall from me and I'm sure that I woke them up... Having that deep base pounding in their heads along with their hangover - priceless....

They never came in loud again....

Was it more than a feeling?
(Well, I had to ask.)

Well, you asked and my honest reply is yes your a grumpy old man but that's OK. It's only 1 week out of the year. Stay up for some late night TV and have a laugh.

when I was 12 my cousin and I had 2 BIG boxes of fireworks, the stuff yo could by back in the 60's, M80's cherrybombs, all the good stuff. a spark got in one of the boxes they both blew at the same time. my dad said it looked like bomb going off in WW11 ( he knew)...
doc dug pieces of a metal flashlight out of my cousins leg. down to the bone. last time I wanted to shoot off firecrackers.

-
Back