am I just too old and don't get it?

-
so you are saying I dont respect myself? have you ever met me? must be nice to be able to pass judgement on people.....asshole.....another one on the ignore list.....

Nice! Didn't expect the name calling to start on this thread.

I personally don't have any ink done. But just like a car paint job some are done by masters and look great and others are done in an hour and you regret it down the line just my 2 cents

I really don't like tats, although I do want to get a small one about the size of a dollar bill on my fore-arm, I want the mopar logo. The only other tattoo I would consider I would consider is maybe a mural of my Dart on my back. Those are tattoo's I can be proud of for the rest of my life. Mopar for life!

I'm 16 by the way.

I also don't understand piercings, on guys or women. Women should get theire ears and that's it. Guys shouldn't get them period.

I find this topic interesting. Especially considering tats really started as a cultural thing.

Samoa? Tribal art when a man turns 18 to show he's entered Manhood. A long drawn out process that most men cry through and wind up hospitalized because of. Excruciating pain when done the traditional way. But a process which shows the rest of the world, "I'm a Man."

I have friends in Honduras right now who are missionaries. They're soliticing donations for tattoo removals. Those in Honduras who have tats are gang members. The removal process is a formal sign of leaving the gang. These gangs have ties to Al Quaida, folks, and prey on those who have no family to make them part of the "family," if you get my meaning. So by leaving you're taking a risk on your life. You're not branded anymore. To not have a tattoo in this is the right of individualism and step up to say you're your own man, not someone else's.

While we here sit behind our computers and debate if tattoos are art and if there's really any cultural significance behind it.

Tells you the kind of self-indulgent lifestyles we have the freedom to lead here in America doesn't it?

I'm 38 and, no, I'm not inked. I have considered it, but there's nothing out there, no matter who thinks of it, who can ink it, that says anything about me more than the scars I already have. And, for the most part, those scars came about when I stepped out and became my own man. Scars from busting my *** and trying to make a place in the world.

If you're tatted, that's fine by me. I don't care one way of the other. I just have a different way of looking at things.

so you are saying I dont respect myself? have you ever met me? must be nice to be able to pass judgement on people.....asshole.....another one on the ignore list.....

I agree, that was a total asshole comment from a close minded ignorant person! There are more professonal people out there with tattoos than you would think. I know several lawyers (my mom is a bailiff) that have full body suits and you would never know. I also know several doctors (I used to work in a ER) that have alot more pierced than their ears.
Just because I have tats and used to have just about everything you can think of pierced doesn't mean that I don't respect myself. Thats like me saying "Because you have your hair cut like that, you don't respect yourself!" Oh and by the way when you are getting your hair cut...that is a form of body modification! You are changing something about yourself.

I agree, that was a total asshole comment from a close minded ignorant person! There are more professonal people out there with tattoos than you would think. I know several lawyers (my mom is a bailiff) that have full body suits and you would never know. I also know several doctors (I used to work in a ER) that have alot more pierced than their ears.
Just because I have tats and used to have just about everything you can think of pierced doesn't mean that I don't respect myself. Thats like me saying "Because you have your hair cut like that, you don't respect yourself!" Oh and by the way when you are getting your hair cut...that is a form of body modification! You are changing something about yourself.

well put. I don't want any, but have no problem with anyone getting them. I don't see how it could have anything to do with self respect or what kind of person you are, unless its gang signs or cuss words on your face. Then I can't help but judge you.

I agree, I'm 36 and I think socalled bodyart is like looking at a bunch of crude graffiti, and peircings on top of that is just trashy looking. Lack of respect is the reason people vandalise property, lack of self respect they vandalise themselves. And really shouldn't expect anyone to take them seriously. As I've told my girls as they're starting to enter the workforce a clean professional appearance is everything with a winning can-do attitude, skills are secondary you can learn them as you go, you can't train someone how to respect themselves.

If the human brain can't learn self respect then you're in trouble brougham.

There is a line between acceptable and not acceptable, but you better believe that skill comes 1st.

If you have chains hooked from your azz ring to your nostril, your nothing but a distraction and even a hazard to yourself in any kind of machinery based occupation.
If all you have is tattoo's then who cares. tattoos don't get caught on levers/machines nor are they a sign of a damaged person, just someone with an artistic expression of 'whatever it is they are trying to reflect' weather it be for everyone else or just themselves. or at least for most of us...

people wear make up, some broads tattoo the eye liner/shadow on.
I know of a few older ladys that had this done, at least they killing people on the road while doing their eye makeup in the visor mirror....

I can't really relate to body piercings though, I have a friend that USED to work for me here and there, but I had to tell him 'hey man, are trying to look fk'd up?' 'the retirement home said I can't bring the homeless to work cause it scares the elderly folks here' My buddy was like 'huh??'
I had to explain that what he was doing in most everyone elses eyes was just 'mutilating himself' and the average person can see no purpose for stretching yer ear lobe out to the size of a quarter.
I even asked him one time 'so what now?' there stretched out like a *****, now what do you do with them?'

Dodgedan, thanks for your closemindedness.... so your saying that I don't have self respect as a business owner?? Are you saying that my personal banker that handles all my issues for my biz account tha is sleeved, full back tattoo, and half his legs done has no self respect??

WOW......

oh and BTW, I have friends that are tattoo artists/piercers that have setup community programs and donated a good share of money....

As a saying goes" the only difference between people that are tattooed and people that aren't, is tattooed people don't have a problem with people that aren't."

Thanks again for your close minded, judgemental comments.....

In looking at the Mopar Hotties I see one thing I don't understand

All these very pretty girls with ugle tattooes all over their bodies

Why would anyone deface their bodies that will be with them for the rest of their lives

A small one in a place that can be covered with clothing is one thing, but to do 1/2 your arm or more cannot be covered except by long sleeve shirts. Most will become mothers, grandmothers and mentors. How do they explain them.

If you respond give me an idea of your age group. I think the younger people think it is OK. They must not know a small lizard will turn into a fire breathing dragon as they age:read2:

yes your old and don't understand it. i'm 40 and think its fine. although anything can be taken overboard and include stupid tats...lol

ok i think theyre ok as long as they have some meaning, like your kids name or something to remember times of you lives, but to do something like get the word "*****" written across your lower back is just stupid, im 20 BTW. also if its something meaningful to you you should have no problem explaining it to your kids. an example is my mother, she has never really liked tattoos that are just big dragons or things like that but she had breast cancer and once it was all gone she seriously thought about getting the pink ribbon tatooed somewhere and shes in her sixties.

Most of these tats on these models are temporary tats; they only last 4 days. "All" of the producers of layouts in large mags are using tats now.

(IMO) Some are nice; some are horrible!

It's a personal thing.

I have alot of friends with tattoos, and some of them are really cool.

I don't have any myself pretty much because my Wife says she'll kill me if I ever got one.
I'm pretty happy with the way God created me and I have no problem being a clear canvassed white boy.

I have seen some small, tasteful one's on Women and they look nice especially the little dolphin on the one girl's hip, very cute, but for some reason, a beautiful Woman with sleeves and lot's of tat's kinda puts off the vibes that she's been rather friendly with a biker gang or two, even if she hasn't.
I think a Womans skin is beautiful in itself without having to be covered with all kinds of ink.

So without getting all high mighty, and righteous, I will have to say to each their own, but if you are going to get one, be prepared for some people to look at you like you are a dirt ball even if you do have an MBA, a doctorate, and several million dollars in the bank.

That last part was supposed to be funny.LOL.

I don't care for them, however a small one placed discretely on a woman is OK I guess. But I personally think the "wall papered" look on either men or women is lame and even ugly. What do they "prove"? Attempting to hide from the reality of themselves, covering up insecurities,? I just don't understand it, but to each their own, but wait until they are 60 years old. BTW, I'll be 64 in June and I have none, but I guess I could consider my name put somewhere the way my memory is sometimes, LOL but I'd forget where I had it done. ?????

My uncle (and best man) had one on his forearm that he picked up in the service. It was a blue-green mass by the time I became aware of it. I asked what it was. He said. "It's an idiot mark." I knew I didn't want something on my arm that looked like that when I got to be his age.

Fast forward to the present. I do not consider tattoos to be "idiot marks" per se. I have no tats but am considering one for my chest that would read "D N R". I'd do it to hack off my ex (a nurse), which I believe is a poor reason.

My stance toward any permanent body enhancement be it tats or surgery is to do it for yourself only. Be selfish but thoughtful here. Long after the current situation is gone the enhancement will still be with you. And like any service you have done on your Mopar, check around to see who does it best. Stay safe.

LOL I almost started a thread about this the other day!!! I was going to ask some of the lower echelon on here about some cool tatt ideas!!! I've started an outline and have changed my mind on the final outcome. I want to get some gearhead junk in it now... Its almost a quarter sleeve outline like something needs to be busting out (skin ripping open effect). I'm loving this thread and I think that some women are down right beautiful with body art. Ex: below LMAO

Copy of sexyhot_large.jpg

When I was 18 and in the Marines, I was going to get USMC tattooed across my forearm. Then I realized that at 130 lbs. soaking wet, it would look pretty stupid if the tattoo wrapped all the way around my skinny arm! I'm too old to start now.

I DO think tattoos on women can be pretty hot, but believe that "all things in moderation" applies. I know a 29 year-old girl who had her boyfriend's name tattooed in a VERY personal place a couple of years ago. They just broke up. Guess the next guy she's with is in for a rude awakening!

When I was 18 and in the Marines, I was going to get USMC tattooed across my forearm. Then I realized that at 130 lbs. soaking wet, it would look pretty stupid if the tattoo wrapped all the way around my skinny arm! I'm too old to start now.

I DO think tattoos on women can be pretty hot, but believe that "all things in moderation" applies. I know a 29 year-old girl who had her boyfriend's name tattooed in a VERY personal place a couple of years ago. They just broke up. Guess the next guy she's with is in for a rude awakening!

unless she finds someone with the same name

My uncle (and best man) had one on his forearm that he picked up in the service. It was a blue-green mass by the time I became aware of it.

I can't wait till mine becomes a big blob. Everyone will think i"m wearing a grey T-shirt! (at least from the back anyways.)

-
Back