Am I stupid?

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
Well....

I either made a mistake or I did the right thing here.

most of you know my duster and that its a work in progress (link to resto in my signature below)...

anyhow....its not perfect and its a slow going resto as I have no money to invest rarely and I have no help working on it and I have had a hell of a time finding parts I need or help getting parts I need.

well, my uncle picked up a 78 corvette,mirrored t-tops,newer paint,78,000 original miles,factory allot wheels,white interior,350 v8,posi rear,hasw been stored inside for the passed 15 to 20 years BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on.

it needed the breaks blead,tires showed signs of weather checking,interior wasnt "perfect" but wasnt to bad, could use a tune up but ran and drove great,it was missing the corvette emblem on the rear.....and that was basically it.

I could have probably put $500.00 in it and had it up to par.

but I reluctently turned the deal away.

am I crazy?

my car has a ways to go before its done yet.....but I think it would be worth more than the corvette when its all said and done (not that I want to sell it anyhow) and I made it into Mopar Muscle Magazine with my duster.

and dusters arent as frequently on the road as corvettes are.....and someones sees a corvette they think "cool" as it drives passed.......but something like a duster drives passed someone will break there neck turning the head around to grab another look at it.

plus I have so much time and money invested in it and I would hate to "half assed" finish the job and just "give up on it".

the corvette was really nice and I could have probably easily resold it for $7,000.00 (sold my last corvette to a guy for $9,000.00 ....same guy bought my mach1 72 mustang for $10,000.00 a few years ago....he owns a dealer ship and probably would have bought this vette too)......but I don't know....I guess the duster to me has more than a price tag on it?

hope you guys don't think I am stupid for passing the deal up...I just wanted to share that with you guys and see what you thought?

It has been my experience that only old men and douche bags drive Corvettes. You made the right choice.

you made the right choice keep the duster
later if you want another vette they are easy to find unlike the dusters

ahh you have learned well my son chosen wiesly like a true leader .... LOL !!!!
corvettes are nice to look at but drive like crap !! sorry just my opinion .....

I actually like those years for Corvettes, 73-78, The collectors generaly shy away from them because they were the "smogger" years, But I still wouldn't trade any of my Mopars for one. You made the right choice.

and dusters arent as frequently on the road as corvettes are.....and someones sees a corvette they think "cool" as it drives passed.......but something like a duster drives passed someone will break there neck turning the head around to grab another look at it.
[\QUOTE]

agreed,
Arnt you gonna keep the duster after done? I think you should hold on to it for some years, give the kid some memories of the cool car dad (grampa and I) built and drove.

I never built a car up, but I think I would be quite attached to it and unlikely to let it go easy

I think you were right to stick with the Duster. money does appeal though ;p

I think you made a very smart choice.Corvettes are dime a dozen.Old Mopars,even A bodies are getting harder and harder to find these days.
Just think,when its all said and done,you will be cruizing your Duster and think "damn,im sure glad I didnt trade it for a corvette"
I love the older 60s Corvettes(now to me those are Vettes!)
vemp_1006_09+1963_chevrolet_corvette_gasser+.jpg

78 Corvette was a piece of underpowered crap made for women. The 73 was less of a piece of crap but a piece of crap never the less.

Drive like crap? I take you have never driven one....

yeah i guess your right i never drove a 78 .... we only had 2 in the family my dads 79 and his brothers 80 i usually post coments on thing i have no clue about

did you read it was my opinion ? and still is i just dont like the the feel of it...

btw neither my uncle or my old have them annymore but have mopars instead....

It has been my experience that only old men and douche bags drive Corvettes. You made the right choice.

Now I ask.... Would a douche bag drive this? Really?

Wylde1.

Attachments

• corvette_movie_car+front_view.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 124
  • corvette_summer.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 150
  • corvettesummer2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 142
  • CorvetteSummerVette1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 140
  • corvettesumpg5.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 156
to answer the question......no I do not plan on selling the duster...this was just one of those deals that popped up and I had to do some thinking on.

as for corvettes not handeling well.....my 77 handled great! drove a little rough, even with independent suspension ....other than that, the biggest flaws I would say I would pick on them was......

only 2 seats, sat to low for my likings, interior was a little to tight feeling, took some getting use to to look over those giant front fenders and almost always it would cut loose on shifts because the *** end was so light.

I don't "hate" vettes I guess.

but they are far from my favorite car.

I think holding on to the duster was the better choice

here is my old corvette I had a couple of years ago.

fun car but I just didnt REALLY like it. So I sold it

Attachments

• l_d5c3ad6f9db25798a3705b7eaedc311d.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 151
-
Back