AMD Duster Fenders?

-

glenn340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking at purchasing AMD front fenders for my 1971 Duster. Has anyone recently bought and installed Duster fenders? How is the fit and quality? Are you happy with them? Any issues installing? Gaps OK? Don't want to hear about Dart fenders, just experience with Duster. Thanks, Glenn.

AMD.png

Mine showed up in mid December and I've only dry fitted them with the doors off and they seem fine. I'll know more once the doors are back on but I don't foresee having issues with them. The only issue I have is there will never be another set for '72 only available (from AMD anyway) so I have to redo the side marker light openings.

I got two sets actually. The first set were hammered by the shippers, possibly a result of packaging. They sent another and while they had the expected dings from the manufacturing process they still look good and a far sight better than the original ones I had "off" the car. So no joke-if you buy them do try to inspect them while the shipper/driver is standing there so they can go right back on the truck if they're unacceptable.

IMG_1227.jpg

I bought several sets a few years ago. No issues with fit or quality. I would do it again if I needed fenders.

Well...yes we installed a left front on my '70 Duster. It was about 1/4" too long. Measured the old fender and the AMD was 1/4" longer. I normally do not purchase aftermarket parts unless there is no other alternative, which it was in this case. Bottom line, glad to get it but do wish it had fit better. see the "fix" in the pic.

PXL_20240122_130304771.jpg

You can expect to have to do some work to get your gaps. No such thing as a bolt on and go replacement panel.

-
Back