Amy is thinking about changing tops...

What color vinyl top would look better ?

• I like it in black

Votes: 45 43.3%
  • I'd love to see Amy change her top to white

Votes: 59 56.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

DaveBonds

Garage Trash
Reaction score
I was glancing at a few other tops and got slapped in the face...

with an idea to change the color of the top on the Scamp, by a picture on FABO of a hardtop car with a white vinyl top.

Amy's car has a black one on it, currently, and it could go either way, because of the black and white interior. The interior is predominantly white, has white pinstripes and whitewalls, so it may class it up...

Scampfinished02_zpsc9fc6402.jpg

Thoughts?

I like the black but with the other white pieces on that car the white top would look awesome.

Jeff

That's sort of what we were thinking.

The black goes with it and looks mean, but white on the green gives it a very spring color finish and is a little more eye grabbing, in some way. It also goes with the whitewalls and stripes... hmm...

I didn't think I would like the white but it looks good with the matching stripe and interior. It makes the white lettered Goodyear's pop too. tmm

I didn't think I liked the sound of a white top until I saw post 4, then that changed. Should look good on yours too.

See, my go to was black, because I liked it on the '70 Superbee that I did, in Fj6.

but after seeing the combo, with the thin whitewalls and the white stripe and interior, it just seemed like a more thoughtful option? Still on the fence, but I'm leaning toward doing it.

Going topless is fun. I will say, I can't argue with that, in any aspect.

There was a car, '70 Dart, I believe, that someone had done.

If I remember right, in the article somewhere, the owner stated that he used a pre-1970 convertible parts car and said that it would have been easier if he had just started with the car and swapped the later quarter panels and rear body on to it.

I have considered a retracting/ factory sunroof, but after tinkering on a '73 Duster for a few years, having to only go used or NOS on a ton of the parts that were sub-par to start with, the leaking scared me out of the idea.

I think if I did do it, I'd use a factory cutout and completely go aftermarket for the seals and mechanics.

Dave, my '67 came with the white top, seats and door panels, black headliner and carpet. It did have the turqoise blue metalic paint but now my wife likes to say it looks like a creamsicle....:cheers::glasses7:

White tops are nice. Even more so when wet.

The car would look great with white vinyl as well.

I would go white. Remember the higher maintenance on a white vinyl , on a daily driver. Had it on a truck bed cover, mini truck, all white. Was a pain , keeping it cleaned. Ended up ,being a daily maintence gig. ( sat outside, So Cal.)

Dave, is that car two-toned? the pic sure looks like a different green below the belt line? If so, since I'm a green guy, I'd look into doing a F8 top on it just to keep the exterior all green.

Do they repo the mod top material? That would be my choice

I love the Mod Tops also, but with this car, I'd probably go White from the two choices available, and what I'm seeing. But that's subject to change at this point...:).

It depends on the driver, the black top would be perceived as a BAD persona where as the White would be seen as GOOD persona. I would say you really need the know more about the driver before deciding.

-
Back