And here is the news

-

WildCat

Reaction score
View attachment image.jpg

And the channel 5 news crew has a new vehicle and on the scene

I don't ever remember the news crews around indianapolis having Dusters or any other compact economy cars for news vehicles

Anyone recognize this car from their local news?

Googled it and looks like WEST PALMBEACH FLORIDA

I donooo, lol but that tower they are on must be one tall sombeech

Attachments

• tower.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 178
That car is from San Diego! Channel 5 news, scripps institute. MT

That car is from San Diego! Channel 5 news, scripps institute. MT

Nice try. My engineer buddy, now gone, grew up in San Diego, was a Maritime radio cw operator worked for Scripps radio communications station WWD. This used to have a transmitter site a couple miles NE of NAS Miramar, and a receiver site near LaJolla.

He had been on several of their ships, including the Washington, the Melville, the FLIP, and a few others.

I thought the car was from Scripps! My bad! LOL MT

that has to be from east of the Mississippi river

my dad told me that stations starting with a "W" are on the east side of the river and the ones starting with "K" are on this side (west of the river)

I used to watch re-runs of WKRP Cincinnati with him when I was younger.....and here in Colorado they are all "K" KOAA news and such

my dad told me that stations starting with a "W" are on the east side of the river and the ones starting with "K" are on this side (west of the river)

I used to watch re-runs of WKRP Cincinnati with him when I was younger.....and here in Colorado they are all "K" KOAA news and such

Daddy is a wise man.. he teached you gooder.

Not always the case. KDKA channel 2 (CBS) is in Pittsburgh,Pa.

Some "stuff" on that LOL

http://earlyradiohistory.us/kwtrivia.htm

My dad's best friend was the mayor of a small town near here back in those days. Their police department had a unmarked 340 Duster patrol car. When another hot rodder would pull up, rev it up, and race off a light, they would get pulled over by the Duster....

The cops had alot of fun in that car...

You can tell from the Palm Trees, It looks like Florida. We do have a WPTV channel five he in WPB FL. We also have a Scripps close by in Jupiter FL. Don't know if it's related

-
Back