Angle oil filter adapter

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried just running a PH43. It worked for me without going to the adapter.

Only don't run a Fram PH43 - get a Wix 51068 from Auto value.
If that won't work, give me a call - I may have a spare adapter.

I use the PH43 size filter right on the block with headers, there is no clearance issues at all. If the fitting on the block was about 1/4" shorter I could get the PH8A size filter on.

I suppose you could argue that the smaller filter with less direction changes is going to be better overall for your engine than a bigger filter and adapter.

I have been toying with the idea of a remote filter so i could change the filter without getting oil all over the headers. I would be more inclined to go that way than use the 90 degree adapter.

If it really gets tight you can use the mini filter off of a 2.2 powered car like and Omni.

Chuck

Jack
FYI - my diesel on startup makes way more rattle than my "sewing machine"
y'all have a great day.

i agree with 388dart, don't run fram! the wix filters rock. 51068 is the intermediate and 51085 is even smaller.

Napa filters are made by Wix and use the same basic number system. Remove the "5" from the Wix number and you have the Napa number.

51068 Wix
1068 Napa

Chuck

After a bunch of research, the best filter I've found are Mobil 1 filters. A little pricey but supposed to be the best filter out there. Use them now on my Ram V10, my wife's car, and plan to use them on my '69 Dart when finished.

After a bunch of research, the best filter I've found are Mobil 1 filters. A little pricey but supposed to be the best filter out there. Use them now on my Ram V10, my wife's car, and plan to use them on my '69 Dart when finished.

do they make them in 3 sizes like wix? that would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back