Anniversary....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Today is our tenth anniversary. I made myself a promise when my first marriage fell apart, that I was not going to make any of the same mistakes. The big one was fighting over every thing. I had to have control. Since Ernie & I have been together we have only fought once, and sure enough it was my control issues rearing there ugly head. Life sure is a lot more peaceful this way.....

I made the same promise to myself when I met my current wife.. in our twelfth year. My first eight year on/off relationship sounds a lot like your first marriage :).

It's not always easy, but you are correct. Peace!

Grant

Ink,

I know what you mean, I'm on #4 and as long as I don't let my control issues take over everything is great. Life is so peaceful when we both learn to coexist, and sometimes agree to disagree.

Bill S.

Congratulations! Here is to many more.

p.s. I'm trying to find the right #2 myself, and it isn't that easy with a special needs daughter. But I know the right one is out there!

Back about 8 or 9 years ago I was depressed, mad and wanted to just jump in my car and kick a few particular peoples butt's for some chit they put in my life and leave and find a camp ground to live in the woods alone ink..... But my uncle Robert and I had a couple days to reflect and made me look at things that can't be changed... :angel3:
Now I kill them with kindness :cheers::D and my wife can not believe the change in me.:glasses7:

I have put and gathered good folks around me and like Grant said, Peace!! to all of us.
But!! just don't kick my dog or mess with my family or my cars and all will stay much better now.

Congratulation Ink, sounds like living in the sticks has dun us good little brother :cheers:

that is awesome. i am 2 years into my 4th time around in anything long term, i finally found someone who has accepted my hobby as part of the family, even though i am still accused of "cheating" on her when i am in the garage lmao

Congratulations. Good on you for realizing your previous flaws and working on improving yourself as a person.

The best advice I give people, not that I am a professional, is to make sure that every single day you find some way, no matter how small, to make sure your spouse knows that they are the single most important part of your life.

To me it sounds like you are at least doing that regularly.

Congrats again.

I'm going on 23 years now and it's not easy being married but I would not have it any other way. I have learned that most fights were not about the actual subject but more about the mood we were in, too tired, bad day, didn't really want to go shopping...When you start to understand that the mood sets the tone of the conversation and can quickly turn it into a fight you will think about how you are going to say something as well as what you are going to say and some times it will keep you from saying anything at all.
Wayne

I'm going on 23 years now and it's not easy being married but I would not have it any other way. I have learned that most fights were not about the actual subject but more about the mood we were in, too tired, bad day, didn't really want to go shopping...When you start to understand that the mood sets the tone of the conversation and can quickly turn it into a fight you will think about how you are going to say something as well as what you are going to say and some times it will keep you from saying anything at all.
Wayne

Was just about to type a very similar response as Dartman's. Also in my 23rd year. After this long, we just both know when to walk away. Much less drama that way.

And congratulations on your 10th inkjunkie :cheers:

Pat

Congrats on 10 Ink, I'm going on 11 this year but to my first one lol. I learned real quick to say "yes dear" and its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Funny thing is that the Belvidere happening is on the same date as our wedding anniversary so we spend a day there together. So guess I'm lucky that my gal lets me take her on a date to a car show!

Congratulations, Doug. That's awesome. I think we all have those kinda issues. It'a all about give and take.

Congratulations to you and Ernie on 10 years. So many people never learn from their mistakes, good for you.

Congrats Doug and Ernie, and Doug you made the right choice in not fighting (much) with Ernie, I've met the lady and have no reservations in saying she could kick your butt.:blob::angel4:

i finally found someone who has accepted my hobby as part of the family, even though i am still accused of "cheating" on her when i am in the garage lmao

You can always do what I did with my ex (12 years). I told her that as long as I was in the garage working on the cars, I couldn't be hanging out in bars chasing other women...

I also used to tell her that the cars were here before her, and they will be here after she is gone... (kept that one too)

Now about that "no fighting thing". I had a roommate in college that used to start fights with his girlfriend on purpose sometimes. Let's just say that I'm not condoning this, but it does lead to "make-up sex". And make-up sex ain't a bad thing...

-
Back