Anone tried SSBC rotors for KH swap

-

71Demon

Reaction score
Has anyone tried putting a SSBC rotor on a stock KH setup to increase the bolt pattern to 4.5? Wondering if it will fit and align to the calipers?

Sorry about that. SSBC is Stainless Steel Barke Corp. They offer a 4.5 disc brake conversion for the A bodies. The have on one piece rotor they use in the kit.

I just saw one today on an A-body, the rotors looked like the Mustang KH rotors - so that brings us back to the 'can't put the Mustang KH rotor on a stock Mopar.' Unless you have the rotor trimmed down, which was covered in a thread some time ago.
If I am wrong, someone let me know.

Interesting, when I contacted SSBC about a BBP conversion I was told they had no such products ? Is this a fairly new offering ? Just wondering .

I would doubt it will work. I have SSBC conversion on mine. it is basicly the stock 67-72 factory disc brake caliper, but the rotor didn't look anything like a factory rotor.

Has anyone tried putting a SSBC rotor on a stock KH setup to increase the bolt pattern to 4.5? Wondering if it will fit and align to the calipers?
It will not work. No one to my knowledge has a bbp conversion rotor for the KH. I have just converted mine to bbp and had to purchace all the parts for the complete conversion. I waited for years thinking someone would eventually come out with one and no one has.
Spindle and bearing sizes is the issue here.

-
Back