Another 340.

-
Thanks for all the input guys. The crank is forged. The rods I’m not sure. As far as plans go. At first I thought about a stroker but after thinking about it I think I’m just gonna try to run a good running 340 with some decent compression. The car is not a race car. I have driven it all summer with the little 318 that’s in it now. And even with the bad body work people still try to buy it. I figure that if the block checks out good. I’ll just do some good pistons and a decent set of heads and a nice cam and call it good. I got other things to beat on. And it won’t cost near as much to finish. Hell its almost there. Sorta. Remember, I got the block, crank and the connecting rods with the car as they are. Again thanks for the input.

That’s true. All I can see is 30 over and 10/10 on the crank. Some of that I’m not sure what it is. That’s why I want to take it to a shop next summer and have it all looked at
I don't see any balancing charge on the bill.

I just noticed the phone number on the top of the bill. Maybe I’ll call frank. Lol

nice a good high compression 340 is a great street engine , reliable and can get really good mpg on the highway . wish I had stuck with my 340 instead of going to a 426 stroker , my 340 was getting 22mpg on the highway and i do 100 or more miles a day , I miss my 340 big time , the best street engine made I M O
Good luck with your 340 it will be fun once you gt it together

The rods are balanced at the factory. Someone has modified [at least] some of the rods at the small end. I would get the rods checked for big end and small end weight and compare that to the factory weight. The crankshaft looks like a factory balance job, unless they just deepened the holes.

-
Back