Another 360 question (or two)

-

Dartvader440gt

Reaction score
Just got my 360 back from my buddy. There are a few things that I have to do. One is the heater hose and water pump to manifold bypass nipples. What should I use as a thread sealer? Just regular teflon tape?

My buddy also had to extract one of the broken exhaust manifold studs that go into the water passages. I bought some new studs. What should I use to seal that?

I did install the flexplate with the correct loktite and torque spec. Thank you for that.

360.jpg

For the exhaust studs into the water jacket.

Screenshot_20230127-082330_Firefox.jpg

See you have the cast iron, driver's side exit water pump.

'69 . . ?

Thank you. It's a 79 360 going into my 65 Belvedere wagon. I got the older waterpump to match the radiator in the car.

Throw up some picks of the wagon.
65 belvedere wagons are a thing of beauty !

Did I see correctly that the nipple for the heater hose on the water pump is broke off? Can those be drilled out and tapped for a pipe plug? Sorry I didn't mean to high Jack your thread.

Did I see correctly that the nipple for the heater hose on the water pump is broke off? Can those be drilled out and tapped for a pipe plug? Sorry I didn't mean to high Jack your thread.
It looks like a threaded hole to me.

It looks like a threaded hole to me.
It looks like the bypass hose nipple is broken off and needs to be extracted. Those are large enough uou can get in there with a hack saw blade and slice it to extract it.

On all pipe thread fittings I use loctite 565. You don’t even have to have full threads, just enough to hold the pipe or plug in. Works well on damaged threads. Will hold up to 300 psi for sure. Stuff is gooey and messy, but remains somewhat pliable after it is heat cycles. Does not dry rock hard. For the screw in studs into water jacket, I do not know.

Everything new underneath. Floors, cargo area spare tire well, fuel tank and system, brakes, suspension front and rear, swaybars front and rear, 68 RR suregrip rear and now a new 727 and 360, frame connectors are next. Oldschool look.

You shouldn't need sealer on a pipe fitting, which those are.
I use Permatex anti seize on all pipe fitting and pipe plugs.
Makes them easier to remove if needed.

Thanks for all the positive comments. It was originally for my wife. It was turning into too much of a project so I bought her a 67 Fury wagon instead. She loves it and I took over the "Creep Wagon".

67 Fury wagon 1.jpg

Thanks everyone for all the info these past few months. The 360 id now mounted in the wagon. Definitely not as easy as motors I've done in the past. All the different adaptor mounts I needed for the early B body. Trans is also bolted up with the correct flex plate and torqued to spec. Starter also in with a few other odds and ends done. This week I'll be getting on the front of the motor.

IMG_3920.jpg

Shummacher coated headers are in. A lot easier than I thought they would be. I only had to ding one pipe on the passenger side. Drivers side dropped in easy.

Dinged header.jpg

Passenger header closeup.jpg

Passenger header.jpg

Drivers header.jpg

I did the header wrap around the areas where the starter and oil filter relocation kit is to help out with the heat. After I'm done with the relo kit I can start on the front of the engine.

-
Back