Another 408 with Trick Flow heads on the dyno

-

Brian Hafliger

Reaction score
Just an idea of what the TF heads CAN make if you want more power but a more racier build...559HP and 502Tq. using our dyno headers (TTI 1 7/8 show more TQ with same HP).

10.4:1, ported vic 340 intake, 950 carb, hyd. roller cam custom cut for this build (around 250's @ .050 and .625 lift), HS rockers, all 5.9 hardware and OEM type lifters.

Nice job Brian! What would it make with another point of compression and a 260-270 @ .050 .660" lift solid roller?

Nice job Brian! What would it make with another point of compression and a 260-270 @ .050 .660" lift solid roller?

I think Mike @ b3 racing made over 600HP with them done that way I think? I would want to port the heads more, and use a larger intake valve, which he may have?

Very nice build, were the heads out of the box ?
tenor.gif

Well...... All heads come "out of the box". LOL.

When you say all hardware is 5.9 are you speaking of just the valvetrain? Pushrod oiling?

Yes we used the 5.9 spider/dog bones, not link bar style. Yes it's pushrod oiled using the Harland Sharp rockers.

Nice rpm for the hyd cam. Did it hold power past 6600 well? What was the highest you guys reved it? We’re they full stock oem lifters or race style replacements? I’m going to use some hylift Johnson slow leaks on future build. Any experience with those?
Peak TQ was at 5100 and peak HP was at 660

Last edited:
Nice rpm for the hyd cam. Did it hold power past 6600 well? What was the highest you guys reved it? We’re they full stock oem lifters or race style replacements? I’m going to use some hylift Johnson slow leaks on future build. Any experience with those?
Power fell off some by 6900rpm, that was the shut off rpm point, recorded to 6700 on the printout. They were the same lifter you plan to use!

Power fell off some by 6900rpm, that was the shut off rpm point, recorded to 6700 on the printout. They were the same lifter you plan to use!
Wow, good to hear that as I haven’t heard or seen much about anyone running the hylift slow leaks. Nonetheless hyd roller stroker revving to 6700-6800 is nice! Great power as well. Most seem to hate the hyd rollers but they have a place clearly. I’d like to see the dyno sheet if you have it handy

-
Back