Another 416 on the dyno

-
It must be from another universe, it defies the laws of physics in our world...

not Another universe, but I´m confused myself so I will do another check after the Winter in Another Dyno just to make it sure for myself. I don´t have any experience of this at all. But I must say, that it was not the same car when I take it home as I left it. It runs like a sick bastard when it comes up in rpm. And I have drove fast cars Before :)

not Another universe, but I´m confused myself so I will do another check after the Winter in Another Dyno just to make it sure for myself. I don´t have any experience of this at all. But I must say, that it was not the same car when I take it home as I left it. It runs like a sick bastard when it comes up in rpm. And I have drove fast cars Before :)

Horsepower = torque x rpm / 5252

Given the numbers you provided...739 torque x 4500 rpm / 5252 = 633 hp

If we solve for torque, it is... 467 hp x 5252 / 4500 = 545 lb/ft

Even correcting the conversion, it all seems very high for what sounds like a very mild 273.

Horsepower = torque x rpm / 5252

Given the numbers you provided...739 torque x 4500 rpm / 5252 = 633 hp

If we solve for torque, it is... 467 hp x 5252 / 4500 = 545 lb/ft

Even correcting the conversion, it all seems very high for what sounds like a very mild 273.

Here is the numbers:

Torque = 544.8 (ft.lb)
Torque = 738.9 (Nm)
Power = 466.8 (B.H.P)
Power = 348.1 (Kw)

I don´t know i you are using (ft.lb) in the States? here we use (Nm) Newton meter.
And as I said Before, I´m not Believe this to 100% so I will do Another check when the spring comes in Another Dyno :)
And then I´m going to check it on the 1/4 mile track :D

Another killer small block !!!! Mike
What would it cost a guy for one of these badboys ?
I have a dart just waiting for a new heart !!

Looks like you are dialing in those strokers. I will be running my 416 with that Voodoo cam you sold me along with the heads (copy of the little blue monster) with a single plane at first. Hope it runs as good as that latest iteration you just posted.

The dyno is done! The 416 ran great. It has a great sound and ran very good. here is the run down:

340 block prepped for build
SCAT forged stroker kit
Pro Comp heads Stage 3 ported, this is about 90% porting
Hughes roller rockers
M1 intake (OOTB nothing done to it at all)
Quick Fuel Black Diamond 850 carb
Mallory dist/coil/wires
Accel plugs
Custom Lunati solid roller cam
MRL solid roller lifters
3/8 pushrods
ARP head bolts/main studs
Hughes main stud girdle
Billet timing set w/tensioner
MLS head gaskets
High flow oil filter stud and billet plate
New water pump and timing cover

It was ran on 93 octane pump gas, no issues at all. 10.3 to 1 compression. 34* total timing. It fired right up and ran strong the whole day. The carb was just about perfect right out of the box.

A/F was 12.35-12.84 the whole run and BSFC was .394-.435. VE was 100%+ from 4800-5800 rpm

It made
577HP at 5850 rpm
550TQ at 4800 rpm

I has a super flat torque curve. Its making 500+TQ from 3800-6000 rpm!!!! It held peak TQ of 550 from 4800-5200 rpm

And its making 500+HP from 4800 rpm on up. It held 570HP+ from 5600-6000 rpm!

It is running very clean and very strong. On the street it will sound like a freaking beast, and run like one too. All that torque will plant you back in the seat hard.

So I'm already jealous, and drooling, but I still need to ask. How much did it cost to build the customer? Ie how much to buy this engine??

A unit of torque. (Turning force.) When a force of 1 Newton is applied at a distance of 1 meter from the pivot at right angle to the radius then a torque of 1 Newton Meter is present. It is the metric equivalent of lb ft.
A "Newton-metre" is a unit of torque or turning force. As described above it 1 Newton-metre (Nm) is equal to the turning force produced by 1N of force acting at right angles 1 m from the pivot point. It is a vector quantity.

A device that measures force. It is a meter that measures Newtons.

A "Newton meter" is a device that measures force. The most common design is a cylinder containing a spring inside. Objects can be attached to the spring by a hook. The force acting caused by the object causes the spring to expand. A gauge on the cylinder then shows how much force is acting on the meter.

For more information, see the Related Link section.

You should also note that the Joule is a scalar quantity while the Newton-metre is a vector which is why we don't use Nm when referring to energy, only when referring to Torque or Moment of a Force. Torque and turning force are not quite the same thing. A torque is the turning effect of a couple while a moment is the turning effect of a force.
"Newton" is a force. "Meter" is a distance. "Newton-meter" is 'work' or 'energy'.
It's the amount of work you do, or the amount of energy it takes, to push with
a force of 1 newton, and keep pushing until you've moved 1 meter.

In English units:
It's the amount of energy it takes to lift 11.8 ounces 1 foot straight up off the table.
Here's the difference, he was measured in Newton/ Meters not Pounds/ feet or Ft/Lbs as quoted in the auto industry.

Nice job mike!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 257
Mike.....do you know anyone that has built a ritter aluminum block.....what ever happened to the edelbrock victor small block heads.....thanks webby.

WOW. Nice job Mike. Wish I had the $$$ for one of these. This chew up and spit out my son's camaro for lunch.

-
Back