Another 65 Cuda glass question.

-

55Redneck

Reaction score
Now that I have my vent windows and quarter windows in, today was supposed to be the day to put in the door glass. Anyone got some tips on doing this? So far I've tried to get the window in with the reg still bolted into the door and that hasn't worked to well. Then I tried taking the track off the window, putting it in the tab on the reg but that didn't work because I couldn't get the window in the right place to put the track back on the window. My next step will be to take the reg out of the door and install the glass on it and drop it in as a unit but there has to be an easier way,,,isn't there???

I think you'll have to install the window and vent window frame as a unit. It's kind of a pain in the @$$ if I remember right. This is how I had to install the door glass in my Fury and I think that's how I took the window out of the Barracuda. It will help to have a friend on hand who isn't all thumbs.8)

Bolt in rear guide first.....then glass w/lower bracket next.....then vent assy......then regulator. Get regulator rollers into the brackets then mount all the parts loosely to the door shell while you tighten and adjust everything. After everything works good, install the cat whiskers and door panel stuff.

OK, now I'm getting a bit confused. Quite a while back I was asking questions in here about how to and in what order things go together. On friday I found the old post and went by that. Vent and quarter windows first, then the door glass. Now I'm getting conflicting info. I know I can get the door glass in with the vent assy in place because I've had it in and out at least 10 times now. When I get the free time to go back at it and take into consideration all the different advice I've had and find a combo of all of it that will work. I have a pretty good idea of how I'm going to do it and when it's in I'll let you all know what worked for me.:-D

Thanks guys.8)

Update. I followed Cudamarks advice and it did the trick. It sure as hell was a pain in the *** job though, even with an extra pair of hands to do the job. If I ever had to work in a glass shop for a living I think I'd have to hang myself in the first month. LOL

Thanks for the info Mark. The glass is in now, it just needs some adjustments but it's beer thirty now. ;)

Regards
Another Mark

To steal a line from Blazing Saddles, "Food makes me sick". :D

I did the drivers side today. I ain't touching the other side as I have a complete door to bolt on that pretty much has all the parts on it. No worries about putting glass in, whiskers on, ect. Just have to do a little minor body work and paint on it and I'm much more comfortable with that than I am with dealing with glass. LOL

-
Back