Another 68 Dodge Dart....

-
Happy Birthday Bro Mark.....

I'll bet you never been this old before!

Belated Happy Birthday HemiMark and 383Duster!

B-DayCake-1.gif

Happy Birthday Bro Mark.....

I'll bet you never been this old before!

Thank you. It was nothing like my 50th! Wish you boys coulds have come up for a diet coke or something. Denny, my post about taking the car down the track was an offer from me to you to "drive" the Barracuda down the track .................... It scares the **** out of me!

dances all the way through 1 and 2.... 13lbs of pressure in the rears. Too much?

Mark,

That thing have drag radials or something on it?

I know my M/T ET Street radials need to get really hot to hook. Once they do, look out. Took my 60 ft from a 2.20-2.30sec to a 1.71sec in a 4600 lb truck with a manual trans. It was at the point where it would bog up to about 4500 rpm launch. Before the ET streets it would blow the tires off at anything over idle. At 4500 rpm and 12 psi, it just hooks and goes with no wheelspin.

Mark,

That thing have drag radials or something on it?

I know my M/T ET Street radials need to get really hot to hook. Once they do, look out. Took my 60 ft from a 2.20-2.30sec to a 1.71sec in a 4600 lb truck with a manual trans. It was at the point where it would bog up to about 4500 rpm launch. Before the ET streets it would blow the tires off at anything over idle. At 4500 rpm and 12 psi, it just hooks and goes with no wheelspin.

Maybe I need to get them hotter......... M/T ET streets

Maybe I need to get them hotter......... M/T ET streets

I found they didn't work until they were really hot!

There was an article in Hot Rod shortly after they introduced the ET Street 'Radials'. They basically stated that heat was your friend.

I found they didn't work until they were really hot!

There was an article in Hot Rod shortly after they introduced the ET Street 'Radials'. They basically stated that heat was your friend.

yea...be like John Force Jr and fry the bejesus out of em

Well then I have to get my foot in it a little harder and longer. Can I do it like John Force's daughter?

aren't you still under some kind of probation???....better not go there

I think everybody fries them but I was told by a BFG engineer
that their Drag Radials do not like the heat. He stated: "One dry
hop....avoid the water box....stage and launch". Ask Denny.

I think everybody fries them but I was told by a BFG engineer
that their Drag Radials do not like the heat. He stated: "One dry
hop....avoid the water box....stage and launch". Ask Denny.

You just reminded me of another bit of info I got from the HR artical on the ET Streets. Do your burnout, then roll up to the line. No dry hop. You waste the stick that you gained from the burnout.

I remember my old Pontiac GP I ran the BFGs. They turned greasy if you got them too hot. They did handle a lot better on the street though. The ET Street Radials are not that great on the street - compared to my 17s.

Mark,
Have you seen the fuel injection in the new Mopar Collectors guide? Here's a link to thier site....looks like they only have Big block stuff for Mopars, guess that counts me out. Did you see my post on my build site regarding the dash stand I made ?

http://www.imagineinjection.com/

Mark,
Have you seen the fuel injection in the new Mopar Collectors guide? Here's a link to thier site....looks like they only have Big block stuff for Mopars, guess that counts me out. Did you see my post on my build site regarding the dash stand I made ?

http://www.imagineinjection.com/

Very cool.... thanks..... I'll be using this on my small block.
Hilborn of course....

Attachments

• hilborn.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 290
-
Back