another dash pad topic :(

-
2 Words "Dash Cap"
It's best thing since sliced bread.
My Dart has one installed but you would never be able to tell. Also have my Sun-Pro Tach mounted on the bottom screw of the A-Pillar Trim and it kind of rest on the pad slightly for the right angle to use it and doesn't leave a depression in it like the bare dash pads would.
I would post some pictures but am not able to access my computer as I am on vacation.

Do you recall who sells yours? I see various prices for caps.

Nobody has experience with B/E&A Restorations? For $225 It doesn't seem to be that bad. So far I got one shop that says they will recover but it will cost around $200 and it will have a stitched seam on the forward edge. I don't want a seam. I want one that looks like factory and isn't just a repaired one.

I do! I do! I was just getting ready to ask why you didn't go for one of the reproduction pads for the price. I have their 1968 pad and am very satisfied. Only thing I wish they would have done was make it with the correct grain. For a top pad only like your car has (mine has a two piece pad.. used their top with my good bottom) you will be very happy. The PG Classics pad is the same pad. I have seen this pad as cheap as $195 shipped. I believe PG Classics is on Ebay for an easy transaction... either company is acceptable. Look at my website for more information on the pad and install! I had to dye mine and it turned out great!

Nobody has experience with B/E&A Restorations? For $225 It doesn't seem to be that bad. So far I got one shop that says they will recover but it will cost around $200 and it will have a stitched seam on the forward edge. I don't want a seam. I want one that looks like factory and isn't just a repaired one.

I got mine from them and I'm very happy with it.
My friend, however, had his re-covered by a local upholstery shop and it really looks sweet! He had a pretty good pad to begin with, and there is a seam on the front, but I really like it. I was going to go that route but my original pad was too fubar.

I got mine from them and I'm very happy with it.
My friend, however, had his re-covered by a local upholstery shop and it really looks sweet! He had a pretty good pad to begin with, and there is a seam on the front, but I really like it. I was going to go that route but my original pad was too fubar.

Ya the only shop that's willing to touch it even told me to buy a new one if I can find one under $300 because it would cost me around $200-$250 for them to refinish it with no guarantee that it will look the same.

I think I'm just going to buy one from B/E&A Resto.

you won't be disappointed unless you expect restoration quality, as mentioned before the material isn't the OE type.

Was tossing around the idea of filling in the top of the dash and going without......

Took my dash pad off and plugged the holes... Can't even tell something was supposed to be there if you didn't already know

salinasjoel Took my dash pad off and plugged the holes... Can't even tell something was supposed to be there if you didn't already know

I'd like to see a pic. Seems I want a lot from this thread and may be headed for strike three. :)

I'd like to see a pic. Seems I want a lot from this thread and may be headed for strike three. :)

Would like to see pictures as well. I have seen one somewhere and liked the way it looked.....

The pad wasn't put there for its looks. If the pad is gone and the steering column collapses in a collision, you may not be able to type the story for a long time after.
Good luck

The pad wasn't put there for its looks. If the pad is gone and the steering wheel collapses in a collision, you may not be able to type the story for a long time after.
Good luck

If I were to worry about things like this I would never leave the house....could always get hit by a bus. Hell, might need get out of bed, could trip over one of the dogs and go face first into the turtle tank. Probably should never swing a leg over the saddle of the bike again for that matter....

Honestly....what is the chance of getting in a wreck in one of these cars? For one, most drive them with the utmost in care and are very much more aware of there surroundings then when driving a daily driver....and then you throw in many of these cars are lucky to see 1k miles a year the chance of a wreck is pretty damn slim....

If I were to worry about things like this I would never leave the house....could always get hit by a bus. Hell, might need get out of bed, could trip over one of the dogs and go face first into the turtle tank. Probably should never swing a leg over the saddle of the bike again for that matter....

Honestly....what is the chance of getting in a wreck in one of these cars? For one, most drive them with the utmost in care and are very much more aware of there surroundings then when driving a daily driver....and then you throw in many of these cars are lucky to see 1k miles a year the chance of a wreck is pretty damn slim....
Yeah since you asked... My brothers special edition Mustamg was 1 of 2018 built. He had it for over 18 yrs. So about 10 AM this morning a man decided to back out of a Dollar Store parking lot into the street right in front of my sister-in-law. She's not hurt ( all the safety features were present ) but the car is totaled.
Don't get me wrong, I really don't give a crap what you do to your car or your fingers. My post was for the 100s of others reading here.
Some of them don't know the steering column will collapse by design.
again... good luck

Yeah since you asked... My brothers special edition Mustamg was 1 of 2018 built. He had it for over 18 yrs. So about 10 AM this morning a man decided to back out of a Dollar Store parking lot into the street right in front of my sister-in-law. She's not hurt ( all the safety features were present ) but the car is totaled.
Don't get me wrong, I really don't give a crap what you do to your car or your fingers. My post was for the 100s of others reading here.
Some of them don't know the steering column will collapse by design.
again... good luck

Not saying that accidents don't happen......but I will stand by what I said. To some my car is already a "death trap" seeing as it has a full cage. Glad you don't give a crap about me....the feeling is more than reciprocated....

But I do have to ask......what about the thousands of other folks that may have been driving there old treasured cars today with no accidents?? Can't argue with the fact that the odds are against one getting in a wreck.....

Lets get back on track, it's a 65 so the column is going through my chest if I hit something hard enough any way. Accidents happen and I'm sorry to hear about the mustang, and glad no one was hurt, but the fact is with these cars if the only thing stopping you from going down is that little bitty dash pad I'd be in big trouble anyway. Even with safety life has no guarantees, lost a best friend in a not so terrible motorcycle accident and he was wearing a helmet. I will get pics of the dash ASAP I'm out of town until next weekend but I promise I will get pictures then.

but the fact is with these cars if the only thing stopping you from going down is that little bitty dash pad I'd be in big trouble anyway.

Exactly....Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I think if the guy that did mine did not use so much foam on it it might have come out differently.....

Here's a black dash pad I had covered locally for a driver car

I also bought a BE&A dash pad for my 69 340 Dart. The grain and color are not like my original, it now matches the dash frame

Attachments

• Duster dash.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 143
  • Dash grain and color.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 162
  • dash before and during.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 165
-
Back