Another Demon owner checkin

-
nice i hate rally wheels on demons.Your front tires fill
out the wheelweel very nice.Can't beat a Demon

nice looking car

love the hi-impact colors that Mopar had back in the day

That's gotta be one ugly car right there.

:-D

Hey, I had to be different from the 30 other welcomers. If I can't keep you guys on your toes then who will???

Ken, welcome to the absolute BEST Mopar site on the net! I have to ask ... what made you decide to sign up after you've been lurking for so long? Either way, it's great to have you here with us.

nice i hate rally wheels on demons.Your front tires fill
out the wheelweel very nice.Can't beat a Demon

:cry: But I like my Rally wheels!!! .......... lol .... Looking into somthing differnt myself, I like the rally's ....just need a change. And Screamin340Demon has a nice set up. Looks Great!!!

Rallye. These aren't Shivvies.

Those are some wide wheels with a lot of offset to the inside. Do they rub on the front when you turn?

VERY nice '72 !! Is it originally EV2 Hemi Orange ?

1972 is my favourite year for the Demon ; I like its grille -better- , and I like the blue engine / orange air cleaner combo .

Typically , I don't care for wheels bigger than 15" or 16" on vintage cars , but the setup you've got going is actually quite nice ! Beautiful job , sir !

Those are some wide wheels with a lot of offset to the inside. Do they rub on the front when you turn?

Thank you all for a great welcome to fabo
No rubbing issues in front but its a close fit using 73-76 a body discs. The rear has a two 1/8 thin spacers to kick it out to the quarters for a wider stance. Looks to be about an inch between the leaf and rear tire. The axle had 3 inches studs in them when I purchased them and cut off the access and used closed end lugnuts. One size tire and rim on four corners I thought was nice.

VERY nice '72 !! Is it originally EV2 Hemi Orange ?

1972 is my favourite year for the Demon ; I like its grille -better- , and I like the blue engine / orange air cleaner combo .

Typically , I don't care for wheels bigger than 15" or 16" on vintage cars , but the setup you've got going is actually quite nice ! Beautiful job , sir !

Yes ev2 340 car. I like both year grilles, I think the 72's grille has got a little bit of a billet style look to them. The demon had the twin hood scoops on it when I brought in 2000 but change the hood and added the snorkle to make it look like a 72.
The engine was blue and right for 72 but in an orange car it clashed for me so its orange.
I wanted TT's wheels for sure, whether 15's or 17's after looking at tire thread patterns and sizes. The 17's and thread pattern on the nitto 555's was it for me the look I wanted.

Very Nice Indeed.

Are your leaf springs moved in...how do the 255 rear tires fit the tub?....how much room to the leaf spring with that 5.5" Backspace?

lovin it.

I believe you are Correct .... Rallye. Now if we can get spell check and half the internet to use Rallye when moper wheels are concerned. :toothy10: My bad, Defiantly Not Shivvie!!! lol

The same goes for 'posi' .. It's Sure Grip!

Anyways, welcome to FABO! Very very nice Demon! Is it auto or 4 speed?

Also, in your first post in this thread, there is a yellow Duster or Scamp? Got any pics and a story on it?

Very Nice Indeed.

Are your leaf springs moved in...how do the 255 rear tires fit the tub?....how much room to the leaf spring with that 5.5" Backspace?

lovin it.

stock spring location with espo springs looks to be tapered in a little around the tires. Been 3yrs or better these wheels been on long time for an oldman remembering. I have the wheel spaced with 2 3/16 spacers total of 3/8 inch it has 3/4 inch clearance from spring to tire with 1/4 inch or so from the inside lip of quarter but it high enough the suspension doesnt travel that far no rubbing at all. Best I can calcalute 3/8 inch without spacers spring to tire.

In my early post I said 1/8 spacers measured there 3/16

Welcome aboard fellow Demon owner! For me I think the rallye wheels and aftermarket wheels look sweet either way on your car.

John

-
Back