Another Flex Seal fix

-

zigs

Reaction score
Starting to love this stuff. I bought a lower vynal dash tray cap for my 68 Dart , years ago. I was never really happy with it. Didnt fit right , kept my clove box door from opening all the way. I decided to pull it off and rework the dash. I scrapped and sanded all the glue off. Then painted with regular spray paint.
Big mistake. Never fully dried , looked like crap. I ended up scrapping it down and sanding with 600 grit then 1500. I then used brake cleaner and wipped everything down.
I had used FlexSeal on my glove box insert and was happy. I decided to try it as a base coat. It can not be used as a finish coat as it has no UV protection. Two thin coats to make sure everything is covered. Coats dry withvin 15 min. Used SEMS black satin vynal spray paint as top coats , 3 thin top coats.
I could not be happier with the out come.
I should have taken before pictures but believe me lower dash was faided and scratched. Flex seal has proven to be a good base , just make sure its dry before over coating
20210121_130623_HDR.jpg
20210121_130640_HDR.jpg

I flex sealed my sons 93 BMW convertible top had several rips in it. He drove it like that for 7months until he got enough money to buy a new one. It would still fold up and down. Looked great from 20 feet.

I wonder if Flex seal could be successfully used to fix pinholes in my air plenum on my '65 Barracuda?

I wonder if Flex seal could be successfully used to fix pinholes in my air plenum on my '65 Barracuda?
Doesnt hurt to try . I had some nitches on the dash and it helped cover them. Goodcthing about Flex Seal is you can layer coats . can says 10 to 15 min. in be tween coats I allow 30

Flexseal the whole bottom of the car and throw that fish back in the lake. They did it with a screen door in the commercials and that ish floated. I seen it.

-
Back