Another high priced eBayer

-
Everytime I turn around I see 340 decals on 318 cars. Why? Either drop in a 340 or just put 318 decals on the car :D

Seen a neat Dart that had 318 decals. He did that because people didn't believe it was a 318 when he raced it.

In Canada that car would make about $12,000-$14,000 in that condition

Everytime I turn around I see 340 decals on 318 cars. Why? Either drop in a 340 or just put 318 decals on the car :D

Seen a neat Dart that had 318 decals. He did that because people didn't believe it was a 318 when he raced it.

Wow, I don't see it, of course the market might be different up there.

There is so much out of place on that car it ain't funny. It's decent yes, but 35K decent? No way.

It would be a good car for $5,000 and drive it to the local car cruise's and still fix all the crap wrong with it.

To each his own my duster is a factory 318 car has 340 stripes has had a 416 stroker and the current 360..of coarse its insured/valued at a LOT more then a 318 car..:D:D

Ok, here the thing that a lot of us old timers are going to have to get use to. Perception equals value, and this guys price is calculated to the perception of the average person.
Every week there are millions of non-car people watching a half dozen different shows that feature 60's and 70's cars getting complete make overs and reworks that start in the $30,000 range....finished products up over $60 and $70 grand.
Yes, this seems completely absurd to us, BUT, Joe Average who wants a distinctive classic car PERCIEVES something like this to be worth every penny. He's only an inheritance or equity loan away from living the dream he sees on TV.
This is the dawn of a new age for these cars. Get ready to see 4 door Slant Six cars heading for the 5 digit range. I'm on the front lines of this...I'm living the inflation right now attempting to buy parts cars. Completely different landscape for this stuff over the next 3 to 5 years.

Wow, I don't see it, of course the market might be different up there.

There is so much out of place on that car it ain't funny. It's decent yes, but 35K decent? No way.

Mopars up here can be through the roof if they "look" nice.

There was a duster here for $8,000. Looked nice, 318 (with 340 decals) but supposedly the body was pieced together from three different cars?

It sold within a couple days.

I might stop and look at it Wednesday when I'm in town!! Don't know how I'm gonna hold my tongue, and maybe I shouldnt!!! I'll report back on that interaction!! Geof

I agree, and if you do, mention the vin tag. That be whacked real bad.

for that kind of money it BETTER have at the very least a new set of door panels instead of a wrinkled up hand made ghetto set of crappy looking panels, those look horrible

Lol, you guys are harsh! You must not have seen the MOPAR Performance air cleaner under the hood :D

Well, under the hood did have the same color as the body, although the trunk didn't; it was black. But that vin plate.....that would scare me away, or at least need to be looked into a LOT harder.

for that kind of money it BETTER have at the very least a new set of door panels instead of a wrinkled up hand made ghetto set of crappy looking panels, those look horrible

LOL, even my hillbilly attempt looks better than those.

Attachments

• Right Door After.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 132
As soon as I saw the shot in the driveway with the brick mansion, I knew. Every thing this guy(Vanguard motors) sells is off the chart price wise. Then he lets the potential customer know how he can afford the house lol. Humble guy.

After repeatedly looking at those pictures I don't see how anyone would dole out that kind of cash for a car like that.

But I suppose if you've got more money than sense.

It would be a good car for $5,000 and drive it to the local car cruise's and still fix all the crap wrong with it.

Agree ! It sure is funky looking and as it was said very cartoonish is right.
He can ask what he wants for it and maybe when he wakes up from the land of 6' tall mushrooms he might sell it for $5500

Too bad ebay doesn't have a commentary section so we could show this kind of info to perspective buyers. I think that the seller is pretty shrewd, he's likely been at this for a while. He starts it out at an exorbitant price, then he'll accept a lower price offer from someone that thinks they just saved $3000.00 from his asking price. And they still overpay by thousands!

Flippers do it all the time. Start with a sky high price, not expecting to sell their item at that price, then lower the price to make it look like a discounted price to the un-savvy buyer.

This car is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad, even the pentastar on the passenger fender isn't on straight. Seller notes that it does come with a spare tire, but nothing about a jack, mat or spare tire board in that beautifully painted black trunk. Go gettum Geof.

so you can make a real good decision on your B-Code muscle car investment

-
Back