Another kickdown question

-

Cudaroy

Reaction score
Hi all,
Has anyone heard of a cable kickdown for a sb/727/column shift/with headers combo?
I recently bought a 67 notchback with a 360/727/ column shift that I had to remove the kickdown linkage because it interfered with the trans linkage. I will eventually get a floor shifter / console but would like to drive the car now. The person I bought the car from had made a pretzel of the two assemblies and could not get either the trans or kickdown to work together. I am sure someone out there HAS and would know what they did. And how to corrct it. Pics would be awesome too.
On a side note, the guy who put the 360 in wasn't aware the torque converter or flexplate needed to be externally balanced so it vibrated like they will but through this forum I was able to get the B&M flexplate needed to make it right. It runs great now..........THANKS!
Can't believe how much I missed my MOPARS.

Thanks,
Mike Roy (Cudaroy)

If the car had a slant 6,or 2 barrel , or 904, or anything different, and someone tried to make those bits work with the current combo, you do ahve a mess.
I suggest you find a complete setup from a donor car or buy a Lokar cable for the kickdown/ throttle presssure at minimum.

Several companies make cables for the kickdown. They work well, EXCEPT, you usually have to play with different length arms either on the carb/throttle body or transmission to get the ratio correct. Mr. Gasket or someone does make a correct length arm for the carb but I think it only works on a holley. I had to prefab one for my setup to get it to have enough pull to shift out right from 1 to 2 and still not come to the end of travel at the tranny before the throttle was open all the way.

Thanks guys,
The car was originally a 273/904 2 barrel which is why I have my problem. I am currently running an Edelbrock carb but can manufacture the needed bracket/arm assy to make the cable work.
Thanks again.......

If you're not concerned about keeping stock looking I'd suggest going with a lokar 727 kickdown cable. It's bolt on and should only take you 20 minutes to install.

Thanks.......I see you're from the NE....If you or someone you know has a 8.75 rear for sale please let me know. My 7.25 is growling and needs replacement......gears unimportant.
Nice scamp you have there.......

Mike Roy

the Lokar cable will need a different carb bracket...it will not bolt on to the stock throttle cable bracket...

new bracket can be had at mancini....hughes...it is made by ARE

-
Back