Another mini tub question

-
Yes I fabricated the center piece. I have not body worked it yet in the pictures. Takes a little time to form the arch with a shrinker/stretcher. Thats what the card board pattern is for. To check the shape as you go.
Did you buy that piece with the lip on It or did you fab that?

pics of tank. took a 3 inch strip out of passenger side. I then welded the end of the tank back on. If you look close you can see the tailpipes and tips are installed. using solid aluminum spacers and longer bolts on the hangers.

These are 2 1/4 tail pipes with coronet tips. The L's had to be shortened to get the proper bumper clearance. Most all the new tips are made wrong and guys put them on that way. Their tips then hang to low and they thing this is correct. I just bought a new set for my other duster. they to are made wrong. A-body tips have a lot shorter L then all other tips.

The tailpipes also angle the tips upward from the factory. Most made tail pipes don't have this slight bend in them. They then stick straight out and hang to low. This to me looks stupid. The last pic is how the tail pipes are suppose to sit. I know this because I owned many. Remember these are Coronet tips so they have a bigger box end then a-bodies.

Attachments

• a16.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 15[2].jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCF0090.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 118
  • a20.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 146
  • dus3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 114
-