Another Mopar Off My Bucket List - Barracuda Fastback

-
Second wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????

- Nothing to do with passing gas (although I may have). I'm just old & tired.

After lowering the body I see that the tubes need to extend another 6". I'll probably want to add a cutout in the lower body for extra clearance too.

IMG_7350.JPG

I finished tacking up the right side. The front tube there needed persuading also. While I was at it I dropped the supercharger back on to see where it needed to be cut for the blower snout clearance.

IMG_7347.JPG

IMG_7348.JPG

IMG_7349.JPG

Last edited:
I never like to see a hole cut in a hood with more clearance than necessary. I may still have to trim more for the drive. One thing I do need to figure out is my carb linkage. The bell crank setup I've got on there now really extends out a long ways away from the supercharger. I'm hoping to figure out a more compact setup before doing any more cutting on the hood.

IMG_7353.JPG

IMG_7351.JPG

IMG_7352.JPG

Yikes!,on the throttle linkage,John... Check out Holley's part number 93167.. Old part number,looks good in paper catalog.

Yikes!,on the throttle linkage,John... Check out Holley's part number 93167.. Old part number,looks good in paper catalog.

Thanks bomber. I looked the part number up and found this image. It's not the clearest picture but it looks quite a bit less bulky than what I've got now. Summit discontinued them but I found another supplier at $129.99. I hate laying out more money but it might be my best choice.

93167__56734.1424900296.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks bomber. I looked the part number up and found this image. It's not the clearest picture but it looks quite a bit less bulky than what I've got now. Summit discontinued them but I found another supplier at $129.99. I hate laying out more money but it might be my best choice.

View attachment 1714956053
Sometimes cleaning up the small thi gs(like this linkage..) ,costs more in time,than new product.I'm as cheap as they get, somehow it's not always worth it....

Sometimes cleaning up the small thi gs(like this linkage..) ,costs more in time,than new product.I'm as cheap as they get, somehow it's not always worth it....

I agree but sometimes I beat my head against the wall for days trying to figure out ways to prevent more spending before I give in and pony up the cash. :BangHead:

- That's sort of the way it was with these headers. I really searched for the cheapest route to take before giving in and ordering from JEGS. I hope those linkage setups stay available for awhile.

Last edited:
I agree but sometimes I beat my head against the wall for days trying to figure out ways to prevent more spending before I give in and pony up the cash. :BangHead:

- That's sort of the way it was with these headers. I really searched for the cheapest route to take before giving in and ordering from JEGS. I hope those linkage setups stay available for awhile.
Agreed,John... I'm an "old school" 48 year old,raised by Depression era parents.. I prefer sweat & labor,over buying stuff...

Agreed,John... I'm an "old school" 48 year old,raised by Depression era parents.. I prefer sweat & labor,over buying stuff...

Dang! You're still wet behind the ears. I was driving tractors on the farm before you were a twinkle in your folk's mailman's eye. LOL! :poke:

Last edited:
Dang! You're still wet behind the ears. I was driving tractors on the farm before you were a twinkle in your folk's mailman's eye. LOL! :poke:
Lol...I would prefer a Midwest farmer life,over California dimwits....

With that big 5 - OH looming you're bound to be feeling you're on the downhill slide. Don't worry. - It gets worse. LOL. Wait til you're pushing 60 and all the dumbass injuries you gave yourself when you were young come back to haunt you.

Lol...I would prefer a Midwest farmer life,over California dimwits....

Let me see... Lots of sunshine, bikini clad girls at the beach and one of the meccas of hotrodding versus walking through bean fields with a corn knife cutting weeds and detassling corn in blistering heat while dreading whatever blizzard was coming the following winter... Hmmm... hard choice?

I guess when the big one hits and you're treading water I may end up having beachfront property.

Last edited:
With that big 5 - OH looming you're bound to be feeling you're on the downhill slide. Don't worry. - It gets worse. LOL. Wait til you're pushing 60 and all the dumbass injuries you gave yourself when you were young come back to haunt you.
Lol...Deal with asshole tourism,as a retail person for 30 years, the traffic jambs,and garbage on the beaches...Gimme quiet farm country....

Let me see... Lots of sunshine, bikini clad girls at the beach and one of the meccas of hotrodding versus walking through bean fields with a corn knife cutting weeds and detassling corn in blistering heat while dreading whatever blizzard was coming the following winter... Hmmm... hard choice?

I guess when the big one hits and you're treading water I may end up having beachfront property.

Last edited:
Yup. If you can call it that since I'm not working. Are you on vacation?

VACATION? I seem to remember taking one once but I can't remember when. When I want to relax I eat a plate of baked beans before taking a bath so I can pretend I'm in a whirlpool. Sometimes I take Teresa out for a ride but she gets rambunctious.

12108232_644762262329093_3823222174001363451_n.jpg

I used to worry about her health more but I figured out a way to get her on a diet now.

11217673_644762008995785_8704346364619146127_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ha ha! Come now, John. I know you're old but you're not that old. And I doubt you're a$$hole enough to do that to Teresa.

Ha ha! Come now, John. I know you're old but you're not that old.

You're right, I'm not that old. That picture must've been taken 10 years ago.

And I doubt you're a$$hole enough to do that to Teresa.

Actually it's only the fear of getting caught that would keep me from doing it!

Last edited:
Yes, I can see a little joke turning real ugly when she sees your toes, turns around and puts her elbow in your teeth.

Yes, I can see a little joke turning real ugly when she sees your toes, turns around and puts her elbow in your teeth.

Not to mention, she does a lot of the cooking and I don't think she really appreciates my sense of humor.

540791.png

Last edited:
That is a very disturbing picture.

But come on, she must enjoy your sense of humor. You still have your eyesight?

-
Back