Another Mopar Off My Bucket List - Barracuda Fastback

-
Man, you really ARE cursed.

Will you be able to see over that engine?

The way it's sitting right now vision would be pretty bad. There are still a lot of changes to come. The engine may drop a few inches but that won't help much because the top of the scoop will still be at roof height. The seat will almost certainly be raised and that should improve things. I don't imagine these cars were ever too easy to see out of. If I could afford fuel injection that would clear up some of the obstruction.

Last edited:
John, it's getting close to Halloween. I always look forward to your thread and what you will do to your house.

I think we started making plans November 1st last year for what we'd be doing this October. Although we'll keep the holographic skeletons and other spooky decor, we'll try to make it a little more kid friendly with the Minion costumes and Minion treats. The biggest new addition will be a 3 dimensional projected witch that will have sound also.

In order to be able to afford handing out a variety of Halloween treats we've been keeping an eye out on eBay for bargains. So far it looks like everybody will receive a plastic spider ring, a plastic fly, an L.E.D. flashlight finger ring, a piece of candy, a 4" plastic skeleton, and one Minion treat. The Minion treats will be either in the form of themed pencils, cereal bowls, notepads, pencil cases, or sticker books. We try to keep it down to about 50 cents per kid. Half of the treats we'll be giving out have already arrived.

I hate wearing a costume and am still hoping that someone else will wear the Gru one that I bought. - Maybe my sister from Denver will if she comes down. I'd rather spend my time trying to maintain order with the displays and make sure things are going smoothly. Teresa is looking forward to wearing her Minion costume though.

adult-gru-costume.jpg
images.jpg

Last edited:
Although the Roadrunner was on the blink this morning, Spence and I still went to the car show. We loaded the funnycar and took it. I thought I was a shoe-in for an award because they had a 'RACE CAR' class and there was only one other race vehicle there. Unfortunately some of the entrants noticed the lack of competition in the class and decided to have their cars entered into that class as well. The biggest criteria for judging the cars in each class was based upon how clean they were. It didn't take much to put the funnycar out of contention. The other 'true' race vehicle didn't get any award either.

Of all the vehicles entered in the show I believe the funnycar got the most attention by far. It was enjoyable visiting with folks and we had a good time. There were 223 entrants.

When we got home we immediately got back to work on the Roadrunner. When I had it running last it was not firing on all cylinders. We weren't sure what the problem was but I believed our best course was to check the plugs first. In addition I suspected a problem with the MSD box. The Digital 6 Plus has a pot on it to adjust between 4, 6, and 8 cylinder engines. I thought it might have gotten switched or could have gotten water in it which could have made it run through the wrong circuit.

The plugs looked glazed so we cleaned them with thinner and checked the gaps. The shop in Grand Island only set them at .035 so we opened them up to .045 and reinstalled them. I took an air wand and blew through every crevice I could find on the control box.

When we hit the key it fired right up and sounded great. - Still not sure if it was the plugs or the box but it appears to have been one, the other, or both.

I got tragic news as soon as we finished working on the car. A cousin of mine was killed in Lincoln, Nebraska. She had volunteered at work to participate in a project to clean up one of the bike trails there in Lincoln. While she was doing it some woman came speeding down the trail out of control on a bike and slammed into Paulette (my cousin) and her co-worker. Paulette was thrown head first into a rock shattering her skull which resulted in a major brain injury. After a day of surgeries brain activity ceased and they pronounced her dead. She was a real sweetheart of a gal. I haven't had a chance to talk to my aunt about it yet but I know she's devastated.

My Condolences, man.... This kind of news,numbs me for months.... Speechless...

Thanks bomber. I've been blessed by having some really nice relatives. Paulette's mom (my aunt) still sends me a birthday and Christmas card every year and treats me like her son. I am at a loss for words as to what to say when I see her. As tragic and painful as I find this to be, I'm awkward at expressing proper condolences. I guess there's nothing a person can say that will take away the grief that I'm sure she's feeling.

Last edited:
Thanks bomber. I've been blessed by having some really nice relatives. Paulette's mom (my aunt) still sends me a birthday and Christmas card every year and treats me like her son. I am at a loss for words as to what to say when I see her. As tragic and painful as I find this to be, I'm awkward at expressing proper condolences. I guess there's nothing a person can say that will take away the grief that I'm sure she's feeling.
Me ,too.....

Oh god, I'm so sorry, John.

When it comes to expressing grief, Words are often not necessary at all in my experience.

I'm sorry about your tragic news John.
She's in a much more peaceful place now. No worries, no pain. Just peacefulness.
I pray God blesses her sole and heals the hart's of those left behind that loved her.

Oh god, I'm so sorry, John.

When it comes to expressing grief, Words are often not necessary at all in my experience.

Sorry to hear about your cousin, John.

Sorry about your loss.............:(

I'm sorry about your tragic news John.
She's in a much more peaceful place now. No worries, no pain. Just peacefulness.
I pray God blesses her sole and heals the hart's of those left behind that loved her.

Thanks guys. I know I still need to visit my aunt but I'm still struggling with what to say and do. She tends to insist on making food whenever she gets company and although it might be healthy for her to have a distraction, I feel we should be taking a load off her shoulders instead of adding to all that's going on over there.

I keep trying to put my head in her place and imagine what I would need to help get me through if I were her.

Last edited:
-
Back