Another Mopar Off My Bucket List - Barracuda Fastback

-
I unfortunetly have had to do the deed. My wife kids and I take in abused animals and ferrel cats, get them back to a worthy state, train them and find them perminent homes and to often they some times die in your lap or have to be taken out back to say goodbye.
It just so happens that this old 200 Lb. boy was my best friend and it's gonna be a hard thing to do.

Having lived on a farm most of my life I became accustomed to seeing animals die. At one time we had 2 dogs and 29 cats besides the chickens, ducks, and cattle. You still get attached to all of them but it becomes less heart wrenching when they pass. I guess you just start accepting it as part of the cycle of life.

I think I'd have to take the dog to a vet or get something that would gently put him to sleep. I'm afraid that it would cause me trauma if I had to put a bullet into a critter I was really close to.

Last edited:
John, how far off of 80 are you? Going to Hastings in June, maybe stop and look at the Duelly if we have time on the way back. Good thing the RR won't be there..............:protest:

John, how far off of 80 are you? Going to Hastings in June, maybe stop and look at the Duelly if we have time on the way back. Good thing the RR won't be there..............:protest:

Heck, I'm right on your way to Hastings depending on your route. If you're going through Omaha, take Hwy 92 West instead of I-80. I am about 30 miles North of I-80 if you are taking the interstate though.

map1-jpg.jpg
map2-jpg.jpg

Oh, the Roadrunner may still be here then.

View attachment map1.jpg

View attachment map2.jpg

Last edited:
I just got a message on the 'For Trucks Only' forum about the dually. A guy down in Oklahoma wants to trade me a 1965 Dodge Coronet for it. - The message says it's a 4X4??? It sounds too weird but I have to admit that it's got my curiosity up. I asked him to send me pics.

I just got a message on the 'For Trucks Only' forum about the dually. A guy down in Oklahoma wants to trade me a 1965 Dodge Coronet for it. - The message says it's a 4X4??? It sounds too weird but I have to admit that it's got my curiosity up. I asked him to send me pics.

bastage okies. :D

bastage okies. :D

I'm not into 4 wheel drives but you never know. It may actually be weird enough to have a cool factor if it was done up right. I've got the feeling that it'll turn out to be some rust bucket cobbled onto a 4 wheel drive chassis with JB Weld and duct tape. - Even worse, it may be a Chebbie drive train!!

Last edited:
I'm not into 4 wheel drives but you never know. It may actually be weird enough to have a cool factor if it was done up right. I've got the feeling that it'll turn out to be some rust bucket cobbled onto a 4 wheel drive chassis with JB Weld and duct tape. - Even worse, it may be a Chebbie drive train!!

L.O.L!!!!
There was a 4X4 Limo and a 4X4 Cougar close by here a year or so back and it looked like it was just as you described your (NEW CAR TO BE).
I wouldn't trust someone elses work, or lack there of when it comes to getting the geometry correct on a custom 4X4 vehicle. Weird things happen when they are jacked up the wrong way.

L.O.L!!!!
There was a 4X4 Limo and a 4X4 Cougar close by here a year or so back and it looked like it was just as you described your (NEW CAR TO BE).
I wouldn't trust someone elses work, or lack there of when it comes to getting the geometry correct on a custom 4X4 vehicle. Weird things happen when they are jacked up the wrong way.

bastage cheese head!:finga:

L.O.L!!!!

I don't know if I've EVER seen a 4 wheel drive re-body that wasn't cobbly. Usually they're jacked up so high that the pinion angles are severe. Often they look dangerous to drive over 20 MPH. - I've never seen a '65 Coronet conversion before. If it turns out to be sound and look cool, I think I'd seriously consider it. I sort of like those 65s already.

Last edited:
I don't know if I've EVER seen a 4 wheel drive re-body that wasn't cobbly. Usually they're jacked up so high that the pinion angles are severe. Often they look dangerous to drive over 20 MPH. - I've never seen a '65 Coronet conversion before. If it turns out to be sound and look cool, I think I'd seriously consider it. I sort of like those 65s already.

I think I saw this ,could have been a diff. one,always wondered what possessed a person to ruin a car like that !

There was a guy that put a 4x4 suspension in a '70 Challenger, he used to take it to the National's, but that was back in the early ninety's when you could buy an E-body for cheap. I don't recall what motor or suspension he had in it. I wasn't really in to that kind of thing. I'm sure i have a picture somewhere. Back then I used to always go to shows and take pictures, especially e-bodies because I was building a '70 convert.

There was a guy that put a 4x4 suspension in a '70 Challenger, he used to take it to the National's, but that was back in the early ninety's when you could buy an E-body for cheap. I don't recall what motor or suspension he had in it. I wasn't really in to that kind of thing. I'm sure i have a picture somewhere. Back then I used to always go to shows and take pictures, especially e-bodies because I was building a '70 convert.

No pics of the '65 Coronet yet. My curiosity is sure up though. I've got this picture in my head of my buddy's '65 Coronet drag car being towed by this 4X4 Coronet. It could be epic!!

Every now and then I come across a 4X4 musclecar conversion and it damn near breaks my heart. Even though I could never see myself doing one, I could maybe get off on one already done if it isn't butchered.

I can't say that I've ever seen a Challenger 4X4ed. I've seen some Chargers though.

Last edited:
Damn, so much money spent in one posting. I am amazed, honestly amazing work. but holy balls that's a lot of cheddar spent on these cars I could imagine.

Bastage?? I am not sure I have heard or used that word before. But I think I like it and plan to keep it for a backup weapon.

-
Back