View attachment IMG_5350.jpg

View attachment IMG_5351.jpg

View attachment IMG_5352.jpg

View attachment IMG_5353.jpg

View attachment IMG_5354.jpg

View attachment IMG_5355.jpg

View attachment IMG_5356.jpg

Last edited:
Buncha cool rides! Hope it helped you to recharge the batteries. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics, we don't have a lot of active clubs in the area.

Teresa and I have discussed doing all those things you've suggested.

I suspect that if we contacted the newspaper it would then contact the city officials for their side of the story. So far they've been very dishonest and I imagine they'd concoct their own version of what's been going on. They outnumber us and it could turn into a he said/she said situation. They've already shown us that they're adept at twisting the truth. The local townspeople are most familiar with the mayor/city council and would most likely be able to see through any of the BS the officials would try to spin. People from outside that community might not know who to believe.

Teresa has been wanting to hire an attorney for some time but I've been dragging my heels because I know we can't afford it. I've been wanting to wait to see if public opinion would be enough to get them to back off.

Contact an attorney from a different county, that way the "buddy system" is out of the picture.
Consultation is most likely free, make sure you take all the documentation of their actions.
Do this now, not later.

Buncha cool rides! Hope it helped you to recharge the batteries. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics, we don't have a lot of active clubs in the area.

I'm glad there was some rain 69conv or else I would have been thinking I should have been working on the house instead of going to the show. It did feel good to be back with some cars again!

Last edited:
We ended up having to move because of butthead neighbors a few years ago, but they didn't have cameras that load to the internet then. A council member offspring committing vandalism could be interesting, and might be important to keep out of the news. Setup is cheaper than a lawyer too. Best of luck.

Contact an attorney from a different county, that way the "buddy system" is out of the picture.
Consultation is most likely free, make sure you take all the documentation of their actions.
Do this now, not later.

I've been given the advice about contacting an attorney from outside the county by others too. So far we haven't gotten any useful advice from the ones Teresa did call. They listened to her describe the situation and then stated what their fees would be. She did contact one in hopes that we could try suing the city or city officials. He told her he'd be willing to take the case on and take 50% of the proceeds if we won. I wasn't privy to the phone conversation so I don't know if he planned on assessing a fee if we lost.

Last edited:
We ended up having to move because of butthead neighbors a few years ago, but they didn't have cameras that load to the internet then. A council member offspring committing vandalism could be interesting, and might be important to keep out of the news. Setup is cheaper than a lawyer too. Best of luck.

The vandalism by council member offspring was in the past. I think they may have grown up and moved out of the area by now. I am not aware of anything done by any of them recently but it was a major setback for us awhile back. (thousands of $$ worth)

Last edited:
Glad to see you are OK John! House progress is looking great. Posting about the home repairs is relevant and interesting, so don't worry if it is not enitrely car related. I am doing some of that right now, well...actually it seems like I am always doing home repairs.

Glad to see you are OK John! House progress is looking great. Posting about the home repairs is relevant and interesting, so don't worry if it is not enitrely car related. I am doing some of that right now, well...actually it seems like I am always doing home repairs.

Thanks Scott. I guess the house updates just seemed out of place to me. I spent yesterday tearing down a lath/plaster ceiling. - Not a lot of fun but plenty of mess.

If I just wanted to patch things up so I could turn on the utilities it would be fairly easy. BUT... My goal is to actually make the kind of improvements that will make this into a really nice house (within budget).

Today I started building the framework for the soffit I'm making around the perimeter of the dining room. I'd like to install recessed lighting in it then. A previous owner had put dropped ceilings in the downstairs and it looked pretty cheesy. I'll do a cathedral ceiling treatment in the living room after I finish sheetrocking this dining room. I hope the downstairs hallway ceiling turns out well. My plan is to construct a series of hinged stained glass panels that I can install fluorescent lights behind (in an angled cathedral design). I envision the entire hallway ceiling acting as a light fixture.

I'm still trying to maintain the antique look of this old house but it needs some more zing if we ever want to get good money out of it when we're done. Most of the light fixtures will be stained glass.

Last edited:
Damn I work slow! I've got sheetrock screwed to the main ceiling in the dining room, most of the structure built for it's soffit, and most of the recessed lighting installed and wired. I thought I'd have had the rest of the sheetrocking done in that room by now.

I've been installing all new wiring as I go. I didn't want to take any chances with the hatchet job done by a previous owner and this way I can tell prospective buyers that the entire house was rewired.

Teresa scheduled me for a stress test in Omaha next week. I would have thought that my stress levels had already been pushed to their limit the last time she had her grandkids over. I've been putting off the test because of the expense involved, but my doctor cut me off from writing any new prescriptions for heart medication until I have it done. I hope the test doesn't involve any needles.

I just had a nuclear stress test done. Little I.V. in arm for a short time and no more riding bikes till you tip over. I HATE NEEDLES!!!! But it wasnt that bad at all. Just had to lay there and took about 25 minutes. You will be fine if you do that one. Most hospitals are going that way now.:cheers:

I just had a nuclear stress test done. Little I.V. in arm for a short time and no more riding bikes till you tip over. I HATE NEEDLES!!!! But it wasnt that bad at all. Just had to lay there and took about 25 minutes. You will be fine if you do that one. Most hospitals are going that way now.:cheers:

Teresa had set up the appointment for me at a clinic in Omaha that was supposed to save me some $$. When we got there they told us that they do not perform the stress tests but advised us to set up another appointment at Creighton Medical Center. Theu did however renew my prescriptions for the heart meds. It would have been a wasted trip but before we left I found an entertainment wall unit that I think I can modify for the house we're working on. I took the car trailer with me and picked it up.

I hate going to doctors to begin with so I'm not looking forward to having to make another trip for another appointment. I don't dislike medical professionals, - I just don't want to see them as a patient. My brothers a doctor, one of my sisters is an RN, and one of my nephews is a physical therapist. I'm supposed to go back next month. Maybe I'll get lucky and fall off a ladder so I won't have to go.

Last edited:
-
Back