another new guy

-

Black 69 Dart

Reaction score
Been lookin at the forums for a while and decided to sign up. Have a 69 dart that was originally 340 4spd, now has an auto. Been a dodge guy since the begining.

I will try some different pics

IMG_3544.jpg

IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3547.jpg

Love the stance on the Swinger and them big assed tires, Welcome to the site. I'm just south of ya a few hours. Did I say I like black

Terry

That car is totally BAD A$$!!!!!!!! Can we see some pictures of the motor? And plus, if you would be so kind, I'd personally like to hear A LOT of details as well.

Thanks for all the kind words on the Dart. I bought it rolling about 10 years ago. My dads friend ownd the car when it was new, and raced in a stock class till mid 70's when he sold the car. My dad also had a 340 4spd dart which he sold not to long after I was born. Growing up he alwas talked about his car, when I turned 16 I had to have my own dart. Found this one, a 340 4 spd car and bought it. Dad came home from a fishing trip and it was in the garadge, so we started to do some digging on the car and it turned out to be his buddies old car. I bought the car as it sits as a roller, put in a 360 and a trans and started to run the car. We had lots of engine problems and it broke on its 8th pass. Being in high school I didn't have the cash to build another so the car sat. After graduating nait and getting a job as a auto motive machinest I started to work on the car again. I ended up working a AMS engines in Edmonton and was there for 6 years. Built a 340, 12.8:1 comp, stock cyl head that are ported and 2.02/1.6 valves. Mech .535 lift cam. Stock steel crank, scat h-beam rods, with trw dome pistons. eddie untake and 750 aed carb. Trans is a 727, alum drums and light weight sun gear, rev manual valve body, bolt in sprag. 8 3/4 diff with spool and 4.88 gear strange axles. Converter is a tcs, its the second one I have had from them and does not work. 8" billet 4000 stall, lucky if I get 2000 from it. gunna pull it and send it to ati and have them redo it. Car is about to come apart again, putting it on the street so I can enjoy it more. Looking for parts in the parts wanted section. Sorry for the long story.

With the 340 and bad converter it has gone 11.6 at 119mph with a 1.7 60ft. Made 485hp and 440tq at the crank. Here are a few more pics

IMG_3531.JPG

IMG_3524.JPG

IMG_3526.JPG

IMG_3532.JPG

IMG_3530.JPG

IMG_3535.JPG

IMG_3539.JPG

IMG_3540.JPG

IMG_3552.JPG

-
Back