Another not mine but I found it.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or does this thing have a 75 dart front end? Interesting to say the least, a little steep on the price however, but what do you expect from a dealer?

More pics. Looks like a nicely restored car but not my taste.
http://www.huntmotors.com/vehicledetails.aspx?VID=136148524

Looks ok, but, Wow whats with the decals?

See more pics of this slick Duster at our website. 1975 Plymouth Duster with the original 225 Super Six. previous owner restored car, and added power windows, leather interior, alarm-keyless entry, Craigor wheels, header, and much more!!! painted Orange with Mopar Graphics... 225 Wedge stickers, and Duster stickers. Very nice, head-turning car that runs and drives A1!!! Runs strong with original 8-track player. Must see in person to appreciate! Great Mopar and conversation piece!!1 ONLY...$8500 obo...317-412-0007 see more pics at ....www.huntmotors.com

54A999E7-6043-4303-B469-E95E36EF4894_1.jpg

54A999E7-6043-4303-B469-E95E36EF4894_5.jpg

54A999E7-6043-4303-B469-E95E36EF4894_16.jpg

54A999E7-6043-4303-B469-E95E36EF4894_27.jpg

This cars a little too 'out there' for me. I wonder why the 75 Dart front clip though? With all the work that went into this car I would think the right body parts might be in order. This guy is gonna have alot of explaining to do about this. I dont know who else caught it but check out the 200 mph speedo!!! Funny, you are tooling along at 55 mph and the sppedo will be reading about 100 according to my memory of where the needle would be riding. This car coudnt reach 200 even if someone did a 'Thelma and Louise' off the side Grand Canyon. This one may be in 'the lot' for awhile.

This cars a little too 'out there' for me. I wonder why the 75 Dart front clip though? With all the work that went into this car I would think the right body parts might be in order. This guy is gonna have alot of explaining to do about this. I dont know who else caught it but check out the 200 mph speedo!!! Funny, you are tooling along at 55 mph and the sppedo will be reading about 100 according to my memory of where the needle would be riding. This car coudnt reach 200 even if someone did a 'Thelma and Louise' off the side Grand Canyon. This one may be in 'the lot' for awhile.

I think i have a solution for your questions.
I'll bet that this is a Mexican built car.
The tip offs are the speedometer is in km/h not mp/h, the washer bottle is on the passenger side (i'll bet it has Automex embossed on it), the windshield wiper motor is the same as on all Mexican cars i've seen, the Valiant emblem on the front, and the stock Dart front clip all point to a Mexican built car.
The Mexican built cars were for the most part hybrids of the cars we are familiar with in Canada and the U.S.A. with their own unique twists.
If the serial number was posted, i bet it starts with TO*****.
These cars are pretty unique, and their build specs are a lot different.
A friend of mine has a '71 Mexican built Valiant Duster and there are a lot of similarities to this car.
There is a similar thread on this here somewhere called ''Super Bee resto project'' that has a lot of info on these Mexican built cars. I think it's in the members restorations section, and is a couple of years old.
I hope this clears things up. (or helps)
Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back