Another Scamp!

-

scamper340

Reaction score
Hi everyone, been lurking for awhile but thought I'd introduce myself. I have a '71 Scamp I bought back in 1999 while I was stationed at Quantico, VA. Like the slogan, I found it at Carlisle! I was walking through the vendor area at the '99 Carlisle All Chrysler Nationals and spotted the Scamp and didn't really pay it much attention. I was looking for a Dart at the time. However, after a few times walking by, something made me take a good look at her, and I'm glad I did. Not a speck of rust. She had a mild 360 in her and was a father son project, but the son was joining the Army. They had installed high back buckets and new seat skins for a Duster in it, along with a center console and the correct steering column. They swapped the running gear for the larger bolt pattern, an 8 1/4 rear with 3:55's. It was running 14" road wheels and mostly original paint, although it was pretty worn. It's been an on/off again project for the past couple of years, well, mostly off. But I just went to look at the new paint today and I'm a very happy camper! :toothy7: Looks like a great website, lots of good info and people seem friendly. Hope you don't mind if I hang out with you guys and pick your brains on occasion as I have some upgrades I want to make, money and time permitting. As soon as I figure out how to resize pics, I'll post the shots from today.
Thanks!
Eric

Scamp after return to VA.JPG

Getting Ready for Paint 2.JPG

Getting Ready for Paint 1.JPG

Welcome A-board!!!!!
You have found a great site with great folks.Like your car kind of reminds me of how I got my 70 Dart.Was at a show and walked by the car several times before I took a better look.The car had all the goodies,V8,Disc,8 3/4 etc.Ended up driving it home.The car is still a project,but dam its fun!!!!!!
Couple before after pics.
Again welcome,send more pics.
John

Picture 144.jpg

Picture 396.jpg

Thanks Johhny Dart, good looking car you've got there. I like the look of those black steelies! Nice contrast. :thumbup:

Wow! Eric you have a nice scamp.
Welcome to this great site, Jump on in and enjoy sir.

scamper340 said:
Thanks Johhny Dart, good looking car you've got there. I like the look of those black steelies! Nice contrast. :thumbup:

Thanks Eric.
Actually have a set of rallyes on the car now.Those are 2 steelies (5.5") I have in ther garage that I put on the drivers side this weekend to look at.
I bought the redline caps from a member here.I think I found a cool/mean look for the car.Gotta love the steelies with the poverty caps !!!!!!

Here is a pic of my 65 with steelies and no caps !!!

081_81.JPG

WOO HOO another 71 Scamp. I am looking for scoops for my hood, did those come on it, or are they aftermarket?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. :) Sorry, but I work 2nd shift and don't usually post 'til after 1 AM eastern.

Johnny Dart, sweet '65 m'man. I'm running 15" ralleys right now, but am thinking about going aftermarket sometime in the future. Scored the 15's from my bro, he had them on his '70 Charger 500 that's been in storage like, forever. I'm hoping he gets the bug from me when I start putting the Scamper back together. I do like the black rims on your car. Might just have to do something like that for mine, lol.
rp23g7, the scoops are original pieces, but not correct for the car. I got them from a guy in VA who was clearing out all his mopar parts he had collected back in the early 80's.
AdamR, I agree the color combo was kinda interesting, but it didn't have the impact I was looking for, lol. The Scamp's been at the body shop for quite a while now, but it's now in paint. Went and looked at it Saturday. She's now green, verrrry green, lol. I went with F6, and I think it looks great. There's still more work to be done, but I'm very much looking forward to working on a new project.

Anyone know how to re-size pics? I'd love to post them here, but have no experience re-sizing. I do have the pics posted on photobucket if that helps.

Again, thanks for the welcome, and I look forward to hanging out here. :)

welcome aboard scamper340! where are you from va? if so where at? you need to fill your location in your signature. there is a thread on here in the facts section about resizing pictures. that should walk you through it. nice car you have there!

Right click on pic
Edit
Stretch Skew
40%
40%
Ok
File
Save As
Save
Yes

Thats how I do it.
John

Welcome, scamper 340, It's always better to start out with a solid car like yours, even if it wasn't a dart like you wanted! You'll have a lot more fun sooner! enjoy!

Another shot, them I'm off to bed. The gentleman jimmying the trunk is responsible for the paint and bodywork. He painted my first car back in 1988 and I was fortunate enough to have him do another one for me. He is truly a master of his art!

DSCN0050small.JPG

scamper340 said:
Here's the Scamp as of Saturday. Thanks for the picture tip Johnny Dart!

Your welcome !!!!!!!

Scamp is looking AWESOME !!!!!!!!!! :thumblef:

Love the color !!!!!

Welcome scamper340! Always good to have another great looking Scamp around the site! This is a nice group of people - always willing to help!

-
Back