Another starting problem

-
67Dart273;

“backfeed” was the word I was looking for.
I jumped 12v from the battery to the IGN1 side of the ballast and it started right up and ran.
And wouldn’t cut off! Oh yea, the jumper!

Apparently the load in the IGN1 side is pulling the voltage down.
I the DkBlu goes to pin 1 of the instrument cluster.
what does that go to?
If feeds the cluster. I don't remember if the warning lamps (oil/ brake) are fed off that but the instrument regulator is for certain

Dana proved here that the Start and I2 terminals are not connected to each other, at least in the dash mounted switches used through 1969.
Those terminals are independently connected to the B terminal when the key is in Start position.
So have I. ALSO BEAR IN MIND that in the newer diagrams in service manuals such as 73/ 4/ 5 the ignition switch IS NOT DRAWN correctly. The newer diagrams would lead you to believe that the start and bypass are interconnected.

Thanks for the info. I am helping a friend who has inherited a 67 Dodge that has had a Pert Ignitor 1 fitted. The module requires the full 12v. The only way I can see of providing 12v to the module in run AND start is to add a relay that is energised in the start position to provide 12v to the module during cranking.

-
Back