another usps blunder.

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
when will it stop? are they mostly ignorant, can't read or JUST PLAIN FRICKIN LAZY? ordered something from texas, with tracking, on was handed to the circus on august 9, 2023. look where it has been and is now. i live approx 30 miles from st. louis, mo, in illinois. just frickin stupid.

20230816_192317.jpg

Maybe the USPS isn't as bad as we think.

Well my story ain't over but wait till you decide to deal with the Chinese. I recently bought a dead RV refrigerator/ freezer. Either / or, not both. Turns out the control board for the china compressor has problems, and I found one to order through "Ali Express."

So you are dealing with a china clearing house (I guess the china version of Amazon) and buying from china suppliers, and until the thing arrived on US soil, with china shippers.

JUST LET that sink in

Also they could not seem to get my address right, and finally decided to just ignore the STREET ADDRESS, and as near as I could tell, SUBSTITUTED my email address for my NAME, as well as substituting my COUNTY name for the CITY. One of the few things they actually had right is the state, and sort of the county.

I FINALLY got ahold of an English speaking (of sorts) person who got the address corrected EXCEPT FOR THE street address,

BUT FINALLY the international tracking co. claimed that it was transferred to U.S. USPS in Los Angeles. So I ended up calling the USPS help line, and after arguing with the stupid voice driven menu, ACTUALLY got through to a fairly helpful guy with and AMERICAN sounding voice, and so far as I know, the address has finally been corrected.

I ordered this damn thing back in July, and it is just now leaving the L.A. area

when will it stop? are they mostly ignorant, can't read or JUST PLAIN FRICKIN LAZY? ordered something from texas, with tracking, on was handed to the circus on august 9, 2023. look where it has been and is now. i live approx 30 miles from st. louis, mo, in illinois. just frickin stupid.

View attachment 1716128741

I have had parts go almost all over the U.S. , dont feel lonesome ...

I had the USPS ship a part from TX to NJ, then back to TX and then another state (TN?), and then back to me in NJ. Crazy stuff,

Ive had parts ship USPS from 2 cities away from me and they end up visiting the other side of the country on their journey to me.

I ordered 2 things from the same website on Monday night, they both shipped from the same warehouse, 1 shipped UPS, I received it yesterday (Wednesday) the other shipped USPS, it's supposed to be here Saturday, but all the tracking says is on its way to next destination, we'll see if it's the correct destination.

I understand where your coming from it’s happened to me.

In actuality how many humans really touched that package once it leaves the shipper. The majority of the sorting is done by machines with bar code readers or maybe a hand held reader if the item is too big. Otherwise the only humans that may touch it are the ones that load the trucks. They get the packages from a bin or spot for that specific truck that the bar code says it’s for.

I your case I don’t know what happened.Unless it had a bad bar code that sent it to Seattle. And maybe an actual person did see it and said “ what’s this doing here” and sent it back to the origin distribution center to fix the problem.
It could be plausible maybe ,or just plan stupidity like you said.

Maybe the USPS isn't as bad as we think.

Well my story ain't over but wait till you decide to deal with the Chinese. I recently bought a dead RV refrigerator/ freezer. Either / or, not both. Turns out the control board for the china compressor has problems, and I found one to order through "Ali Express."

So you are dealing with a china clearing house (I guess the china version of Amazon) and buying from china suppliers, and until the thing arrived on US soil, with china shippers.

JUST LET that sink in

Also they could not seem to get my address right, and finally decided to just ignore the STREET ADDRESS, and as near as I could tell, SUBSTITUTED my email address for my NAME, as well as substituting my COUNTY name for the CITY. One of the few things they actually had right is the state, and sort of the county.

I FINALLY got ahold of an English speaking (of sorts) person who got the address corrected EXCEPT FOR THE street address,

BUT FINALLY the international tracking co. claimed that it was transferred to U.S. USPS in Los Angeles. So I ended up calling the USPS help line, and after arguing with the stupid voice driven menu, ACTUALLY got through to a fairly helpful guy with and AMERICAN sounding voice, and so far as I know, the address has finally been corrected.

I ordered this damn thing back in July, and it is just now leaving the L.A. area
Honestly I am surprised that your part ever made it out of China. Hope you get it soon.

Ive had parts ship USPS from 2 cities away from me and they end up visiting the other side of the country on their journey to me.

I ordered 2 things from the same website on Monday night, they both shipped from the same warehouse, 1 shipped UPS, I received it yesterday (Wednesday) the other shipped USPS, it's supposed to be here Saturday, but all the tracking says is on its way to next destination, we'll see if it's the correct destination.
You should ask for your frequent flyer miles.:thumbsup:

Allowing people to see tracking is the worst thing that USPS has ever done.
You paid for the cheapest way to get something and that means the package is going to go for a ride. It'll get pulled fro the bunker when it gets to a local PDC.

Well I quit USPS. They screwed me out of $500. They delivered a half of a empty box to a buyer. I had Xtra insurance. Original purchase receipt had to be submitted. On a 50 year used part? A bunch of over payed morons!!

Well I quit USPS. They screwed me out of $500. They delivered a half of an empty box to a buyer. I had Xtra insurance. Original purchase receipt had to be submitted. On a 50 year used part? A bunch of over payed morons!!
I had a buyer, claimed that same thing, found out FedEx delivered it whole, the buyer was wanting it free. He called FedEx yelling, wanting his money. Then he called me trying to get a refund. Found out he screwed more members on the same thing.

Did the buyer live in Arizona or southern Nevada by chance?

Allowing people to see tracking is the worst thing that USPS has ever done.
You paid for the cheapest way to get something and that means the package is going to go for a ride. It'll get pulled fro the bunker when it gets to a local PDC.
Was the tracking provided because UPS and FedEx did it first, and USPS wanted to keep pace?
Or was USPS the first to do it. I'm curious, so I figure ask an insider.

Dad used to be the postmaster in our town and he retired probably in the late'90s and he told me when it started getting bad and why it started getting bad ..but I can't get into it on this site...such a sad thing to screw and great jobs back in the day..I got on the federal job registry and was training for lsm operating zip codes....

I had a buyer, claimed that same thing, found out FedEx delivered it whole, the buyer was wanting it free. He called FedEx yelling, wanting his money. Then he called me trying to get a refund. Found out he screwed more members on the same thing.

Did the buyer live in Arizona or southern Nevada by chance?
New Jersey area

Was the tracking provided because UPS and FedEx did it first, and USPS wanted to keep pace?
Or was USPS the first to do it. I'm curious, so I figure ask an insider.
I'm pretty sure that USPS was the last to hop on board with allowing the public to see the tracking.
You used to have to ask the clerks at the office.
The USPS moves about 10 million of pieces of mail and parcels every day.
Sometimes stuff gets mis-sorted, tossed in the wrong bin, or just addressed wrong.
More often than not, and I think this is the case of the OP, the individual parcel isn't scanned. The USPS knows that it and 5000 other parcels went into a container. The container is scanned in, emptied, it goes back to it's origin and scanned back in there. The receiving plant hasn't processed the parcel yet, and the scan isn't updated. USPS tracking is not in real time. Data is downloaded about every 5 to 8 hours. That would account for a huge gap and the reason you would see something, say in this case, in Dallas, when it's really at a PDC in Seattle on its way to Chicago. The data just hasn't caught up yet.
The cheaper the service, the higher the chance of an issue, or in OP case, it got tossed in a bin that's going to see several PDC's before it get to one near him.

Last edited:
I have been selling stuff on Ebay since 2005 and have used USPS almost exclusively and I have never had a problem.

I'm pretty sure that USPS was the last to hop on board with allowing the public to see the tracking.
You used to have to ask the clerks at the office.
The USPS moves about 10 million of pieces of mail and parcels every day.
Sometimes stuff gets mis-sorted, tossed in the wrong bin, or just addressed wrong.
More often than not, and I think this is the case of the OP, the individual parcel isn't scanned. The USPS knows that it and 5000 other parcels went into a container. The container is scanned in, emptied, it goes back to it's origin and scanned back in there. The receiving plant hasn't processed the parcel yet, and the scan isn't updated. USPS tracking is not in real time. Data is downloaded about every 5 to 8 hours. That would account for a huge gap and the reason you would see something, say in this case, in Dallas, when it's really at a PDC in Seattle on its way to Chicago. The data just hasn't caught up yet.
The cheaper the service, the higher the chance of an issue, or in OP case, it got tossed in a bin that's going to see several PDC's before it get to one near him.
Thanks for the explanation.
Mostly due to the friendly service I receive at my local small post office, USPS is my go to shipper. Other small things, too. I'm going away for a few days this week. I have a couple packages due at some point. One place uses FedEx. I had to contact them and ask them to hold the package so it doesn't sit on my porch for a week. Another package is coming USPS. All I need to do is request a hold, and everything will be delivered when I arrive home. East Peasy.

-
Back