Another "what is this called" rubber question..

-

CultClassik

Reaction score
The rubber pieces in the metal U shaped piece that hold the bottom edge of the quarter and door glass...like all of the other rubber on the car, they are done for. I need new ones and have no idea what they are called. I knew that FABO people would be able to set me straight lickety split ;)

Quarter jamb seals?? Dont think they're repopping them, but maybe for the more popular cars they might be! Geof

Doesn't sound like an appropriate name :) It's the piece that holds the quarter and door glass from underneath. It's what attaches to the regulator to move the windows up and down?

anti-rattle insulator? Sounds like what the glass sits in, in the frame.

This what your looking for??? Detroit Muscle Technologies has them....

Try a local auto glass shop. I've gotten some before and it came on a roll. It fits between the bottom of the window and the bottom metal channel.

Hey that's perfect, thank you! I think I will investigate just buying the rubber pieces from a glass shop, that's a lot of money for a chunk of rubber!!

The kind I've seen isn't rubber. Kind of a tar or mastik product? Some will have a woven backing some not. It comes in several different thickness.
You need to know where on the glass your channel goes front to back and facing in or out.
I usually mark the glass before removing channel . You may have to try a couple different
thicknesses to find the one that holds tight. It will hammer on tight when correct. Then install
glass in door and attach to regulator.

Looks like I may have been thinking of a different glass issue sorry.

-
Back