Anxious about flying today

-
I wasn't meant to fly, but hate to mention my experiences till after you are back home! 4 or 5 of them. but hay, i'm still kickin!!!!!!

I can see anyone with a mechanical mind having a fear of flying . I have a friend that's an aircraft mechanic and he will not fly anywhere .

..well it's a good thing you three waited until AFTER he went! LOL The poor guy was already sweating bullets and headed to the pharmacy before getting on the thing..
I wasn't meant to fly, but hate to mention my experiences till after you are back home! 4 or 5 of them. but hay, i'm still kickin!!!!!!

I can see anyone with a mechanical mind having a fear of flying . I have a friend that's an aircraft mechanic and he will not fly anywhere .

No don't go! Dam I see I'm too late.

I guess he has made the flight???????

I won't list the times they changed planes due to "mechanical" problems. I have only flown maybe a dozen times!!!

worst f eeling was in Feb, landing in K c, Mo in s snow storm. I sat by the window at the wing, I could not see the wing! pilot was obviously landing by "instruments"?, it felt like walking around blindfolded.

landed no problem. had to change my underwear though.

Well folks, I'm in the air! I paid the 8 bucks for "free wifi".
Take off was a rush, I do like that. I'm 40,000 feet over North Carolina.
They have a really cool flight tracker.

Knew you'd enjoy it. Anticipation is usually worse than the event, itself. Perhaps next time will be easier for you.

I liked flying so much I bought a small plane and learned to fly it. Divorce took it but someday..... :)

Nothing like strapping into a jump seat on a Blackhawk, taking off and flying like a bat out of hell NOE 100 feet above the ground totally blacked out using only NVGs. Talk about a rush

Hey fellas, I'm here in New Port Richey Florida. The landing was smooth as silk! Flying back to pittsburgh 3/30 will be much easier. When I boarded the plane, I asked if I could speak with the pilot. He was sitting in the cockpit and let me duck in. Very cool guy, I said I was afraid to fly, he said "me too"! He completely put me at ease, and explained that no weather or anything rough was ahead of us, also told me about a tail wind that would get us to Tampa airport a little sooner. Turned out to be 15 minutes sooner!
Anyhow, thanks to all of you for the responses, even the funny/ scary ones!
I'll check back later today, thanks again!

-
Back