Any 93-97 LT1 trans am/Z28SS owners?...

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
A few days ago I bought a 1995 trans am 6 speed t-top for a daily driver... I trailered it 2 hours back home or I should say to my friend's storage unit place... Tuesday and Wednesday I plan to do all the fluid changes so I have a starting point..
I joined the firebird forum but it moves terribly slow and I'm almost going to bet I would probably get more information just right here...
I'll shoot a picture but it has the chrome rims, I'll show you a picture also of it on the trailer with the black rims that it came with..
As always thank you for everybody's time and experience..
Screenshot_20230301-115420.png

IMG_20230301_183203380.jpg

Last edited:
I had 97 transam vert, sold it and bought a 2001 Ws6 vert. Love those cars!
I was going to look at 2001 as well as this one that I bought but there was a few things that threw me over the edge on the 95. First and foremost it looks more like my 93 that I really liked. I like the pointier nose and their true hideaway headlights also the smoother nose... The 95 head brand new paint job brand new rims and tires and 45,000 miles less... And the color I liked LOL... I would have maybe like the automatic in the 2001 and of course the LS1. It's a daily driver so the horsepower isn't an overwhelming Factor... The automatic is preferred in the city but I'll live with the 6 speed...

My 97 was that same color with a saddle interior. It was an automatic. I wish I had the 6 speed. It was a great car, very few problems. The vent hoses on the gas tank and canister rotted out & it smelled like gas till I got that fixed.

My 2001 is red with 50k miles.

B72511CC-92F8-48EF-B684-B6EA7FF57481.jpeg

My 97 was that same color with a saddle interior. It was an automatic. I wish I had the 6 speed. It was a great car, very few problems. The vent hoses on the gas tank and canister rotted out & it smelled like gas till I got that fixed.

My 2001 is red with 50k miles.

View attachment 1716059134
Nice looking car!.. the guy I got my car from has a extremely low mile Firehawk you might put up for sale soon.. it's heavily modified though..

Fire hawks have gone crazy in price. Would love to have one. The fourth gen transms are one of my favorite cars. Jay Leno has one & he calls it a 4 seat corvette.

Fire hawks have gone crazy in price. Would love to have one. The fourth gen transms are one of my favorite cars. Jay Leno has one & he calls it a 4 seat corvette.
I was tinkering with the idea of a c4 when I couldn't find a good trans am but when I test drove them I barely fit..

i've always loved these, all the power and bolt on goodies of a camaro but classy like college history professor.

there's somebody in the neighborhood that has a super clean WS6 with a supercharger and it sounds downright nasty.

i've always loved these, all the power and bolt on goodies of a camaro but classy like college history professor.

there's somebody in the neighborhood that has a super clean WS6 with a supercharger and it sounds downright nasty.
It's the driveability... They turn around on a dime, they handle great, for a V8 get very reasonable gas mileage, again out of the 35-45 cars I've owned the 93 was the one I remember liking to drive the most...
(Ex-wife had to keep it ONLY because I wanted it :rolleyes: ...) The spiteful ***** just continued to wreck it.... She even kept my dog if that tells ya somethin.... Good riddance....

No but . . . 95 260 hp LT1 in Roadmaster, 2nd favorite car of all time only had it a short time, now retired new rubber.and ready for road trips.

IMG_20230309_143300111~2.jpg

After much service work she's home in the driveway past emissions tagged and titled in my name....
My friend and I that has a lift took a couple days and did the service work on it. Changed a differential fluid, change the transmission fluid, changed the oil and oil filter of course. We change the fuel filter which was pretty gnarly and the serpentine belt that was very worn. It changed the low coolant sensor that turned off the light on the dash...
As it took almost 2 days to change the spark plugs and wires my friend looked it up on the computer and said the dealership would charge $700 to change plugs and wires... After a two day struggle it was clear why they charged that much... After 75,000 miles it was time to change the factory plugs and factory wires...
It seems to run very good now and I'm very happy with it at this point. Like to fix a little bit of that interior plastic garbage the rear hatch struts...

97 Trans am was my first drivable hot rod.
I liked the LT1 but it just didn't keep up with the LS1's when racing.
Then the 98 came out with the Ram Air WS6 LS1.
I purchased one of the 1400 made in 98.
Single exhaust. It now has 45K miles that are all mine.
Trans Am's are awesome! I have a 70 also.

The Trans Am's might not be the fastest stock racing car but they are very good in the turns. And better looking than camaro's, corvette's and mustangs.

One thing I have noticed about the 90's model LT1's is that they tend to get a bit ticky when slightly over revved. I've heard it on at least a dozen mid 90's trans ams while looking for purchases.

005.JPG

011.JPG

Good looking cars. I have had two convertibles, always wanted at t top six speed. Maybe someday….

Good looking cars. I have had two convertibles, always wanted at t top six speed. Maybe someday….
This hooker's had three or four previous owners and when I'm done having my way with her I'll let you know LOL.. but trust me she's in good hands now and looks like it's been in pretty good hands before...

I had a 98 Z28. Just loved it. Bought it with 4,000 mile drove it to 50,000 trouble free miles. Ran great all stock would run 14 teens and 25 mpg on the highway. But not good on ice!

Have a 96 Z28 that I bought from a good friend, so she could afford to buy a new camaro for herself. Was gonna use it at my Arizona house, so I stored it there, while living in California.
The house was broken into, TV's and dog food stolen, along with my camaro. Found out from the police after it was recovered, completely ruined, that it had been used as a getaway car for home invasion robberies. I still have it...... cant bear to look at it. It was mint, when I bought it.

I test drove a '93 Z28 6 speed new at dealer in '93 bright red. Loved that car. My buddy ordered new '98 Formula 350 6 spd I was over his house shortly after he bought it. He threw me the keys said take it out. I wound it up banged gears then realized it only had 250 miles on it whoops. I never did buy one but memories they are really nice cars I always check them out at car shows. Some times see for sale on side of road stop and look.....closet GM admirer....

Have a 96 Z28 that I bought from a good friend, so she could afford to buy a new camaro for herself. Was gonna use it at my Arizona house, so I stored it there, while living in California.
The house was broken into, TV's and dog food stolen, along with my camaro. Found out from the police after it was recovered, completely ruined, that it had been used as a getaway car for home invasion robberies. I still have it...... cant bear to look at it. It was mint, when I bought it.
man thats a kick in the teeth
how long ago did you acquire the z28 ?

-
Back