Any A100 lovers here?

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
I just picked up this 69 panel van! I have always loved the look of them and I just had to pick this one up. It has a slant six with automatic transmission and currently hasn't run in about 5 years or so. First things first I need to pull the gas tank and get it cleaned up, and same with the carb. Hope to get her up and running really soon! Let me know what you guys think of her!

Attachments

• IMG00102-20101021-0737.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 424
Love 'em! So many ways to use or customize them, they even have an 8.75 out back! Had a friend who put a 383 in one, the thing hauled ***! Nice find, good luck with it.

Great find! One of our club members just finished restoring the one he originally bought new. He showed it at the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona earlier this year and took home the class trophy. I'll try and find some pics I have of it and post them later.
Show pics of yours as you progress with your build. What are the plans for it?

Love 'em! So many ways to use or customize them, they even have an 8.75 out back! Had a friend who put a 383 in one, the thing hauled ***! Nice find, good luck with it.
Thanks man!

Great find! One of our club members just finished restoring the one he originally bought new. He showed it at the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona earlier this year and took home the class trophy. I'll try and find some pics I have of it and post them later.
Show pics of yours as you progress with your build. What are the plans for it?
I plan on doing a light resto on it. Possibly do a turbo setup? I think this thing has plenty of potential thats for sure. Its really solid, only two spots of rust that need to be taken care of but not major at all. I just cant wait to get it running again so I can actually drive it! I haven't driven a van like this before and I expect it to be a really different experience!

I LOVE those things! I'm trying to get to N.M.now to get a nice P.U. truck version to use as a tow truck (with some mods) for my '68 Dart.......

Great Buy!! These little vans are very unique and get a lotta looks going down the road Heres one I sold to buy my panhead
101_0086.jpg

Yes, that will be cool. Love the wheels too, slots!!!! Looks like a wide set on the rear. Gonna keep em?
I love the wheels! One of the reasons I bought it lol They are 15x10 on the rear and 15x8 on the front. It looks like someone in the past spent alot of time polishing them as well. I think they will either stay on the van or possibly put them on my 71 dart. We will see. To get them on my dart would take alot of work "narrowing the rear axle" but would be kick ***!

Mine is a 66 hauled home from Pittsburgh several years ago. Needs restoration but that didn't stop me from taking it to Carlisle in 2009 and putting it on the show field. Night picture at the Carlisle campground.

Yeah, those things are great. I like the Ford version as well. The Greenbriars look cool, but I think the engine in the rear messes up the utility of it.

I love them! I am looking for a front straight axle for one of them in NC...either really cheap or something I can trade to get one.

Great custom potential...

Thanks man!

I plan on doing a light resto on it. Possibly do a turbo setup? I think this thing has plenty of potential thats for sure. Its really solid, only two spots of rust that need to be taken care of but not major at all. I just cant wait to get it running again so I can actually drive it! I haven't driven a van like this before and I expect it to be a really different experience!

just remember your sitting in front of the front wheels (turning axis) they are such a blast to drive!

just remember your sitting in front of the front wheels (turning axis) they are such a blast to drive!
Oh my gosh You just reminded me of a bad day!!! The first time drivin mine I went to go fill up on gas and pulling into a chevron I hit my drivers side rear quarter panel on the cement pole I parked it and my stomach was turning I thought i was gonna thow up!! I got out to inspect the damage and ALL I DID was scrape the gas cap on the pole!! I was so relieved This van didnt have a dent on it But I was careful from then on drivin it around corners

I would absolutely love to find one.....but how my luck runs, it'll never happen.

YES YES YES .... Love `em

The white panel van is now in England, 170 c.i. 1964 bought from Alpine California and shipped in

And

Here`s my rear engined 1965 Fargo wheelstander, bought as a project in Canada .. shipped to England and converted here.

Also have a 1964 window van from California

Have had, another 64 pickup and also a 68 a108 sportsman

:love7: :love7: :love7:

Biggest problem is trying to convince a seller in USA I want to buy their A100 unseen

Attachments

• photo07_7_210.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 334
  • s6301288_714.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 336
Back in 1974, I met a guy at the dragstrip that had one of the vans that was unusual...
Cargo doors on BOTH sides, A/C and the 318 was replaced by a warmed up 340. It ran pretty good.

Love the A-100's! Looks like a nice van to customize BadAss71. Yep,I can vision it right now,painted black with flames on it, add cragars or keep those slots and polish them up,carpet,a bar and fold down bed and oh, don't forget the babes.

There was one here for sale it was a window van slant 3 speed, guy had it on e bay then i saw it for 3500.00$ on the side of road in a parking lot, i waited too long and it's now at a dealer for 6000.00$ damn the bad luck. I really like those a100s. There was a ford econoline pickup on craigs list here in tampa bay can't remember how much but it used to be parked acrossed the street from me guy got divorced and put it up for sale after he moved out i guess it an't here no more.

There is a clean pick up version local to me. Never stopped to look at it but I like it. It is for sale too!

Those vans are BADASS!!!!! I'd love to get my grubby little paws on a panel van and a p.u. version as well.

Keep posting pics.

Wylde1.

I guess I didn't realize how many people love these things like I do! I have been mulling ideas over and over in my head all freakin day! It's going to end up being bad *** when its all done I can promise you that.

-
Back