any aspen/volare fans?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobysoldblue

tobysoldblue
Reaction score
I have been wanting one for a while,and finally found one for what i think is a decent price.I have been trying to research f bodies,and havent found a lot of info on what works,and what doesnt,like rearend swaps,handeling secrets,etc.I have heard they are bad about the rear frame rails rotting out,and a few other things like that,but not much else.I did find a couple places with info,but not much that i could use.The car ive found is a 76 volare,with the small opera side windows.I know that means it had the half vinyl top,(wich i hate) and a fiberglass plug installed from the factory for the quarter glass.Can these be taken out easily,and a factory non opera glass be reinstalled,so i can hopefully run the window louvers like the r/t had?Were can the factory spoilers be bought,is anybody reproducing them?Seat upholstery?I want to use this car as a daily driver,with a nice paint job,very mild 318,a lockup 904 for now,and 276 or higher gears.I can tell the rear springs are sagging,were can i find replacements,and swaybars,etc?Ill post pics of it i got off craigslist,so yall can tell me what yall think.Any info will be appreciated.

volare 2.jpg

volare.jpg

volare 3.jpg

volare 4.jpg

I like them myself... Always have.... Don't know much about them ... Don't see many replacement parts for them listed anywhere other than repo stripe kits including the R.R. and the # 43 Kit car .... There is a wagon version just down the road that has been sitting for several years that is awful tempting.... Good luck...

I like those cars too! I foot brake raced a 77 R/T for several years, it had a b-body 8 3/4 at stock length under it, heres a pic after I sold it, it didnt have the scoop or front spoiler when I had it.

8831475892408-1977-DODGE-ASPEN-RT-FOR-SALETRADE.jpg

thats kinda how i want mine to look,if i get it.I would have it today,but 4-8 inches of snow are stopping me from making the 4 hour round trip to get it.It would be ashame to destroy it before i get to drive it,lol.

I miss mine, last I heard it was somewhere in Wisconsin, it had never had any cutting on the body when I had it, still had full restored while bucket seat interior in it with a mild 360, 727, it ran consistent 7.70s in the 1/8th

I like 'em. I bought a 79 Aspen SE 318 2bbl, 904, 7-1/4, two door last year for dirt cheap. It's a 79,000 km (50,000 mile) rust-free car. Ugly two tone paint, but I can't exactly complain.
The single worst thing about the car is the isolated suspension. Makes the car handling squishy and vague even at slow speeds.

Picture 011.jpg

Wasn't a bad car; had the 318 2 bbl but rusted out from beneath me. I had to either sell it (which is what I did) or get massive amounts of metal work done to the subframe.

Aspen 1.jpg

Aspen 2.jpg

Aspen 3.jpg

I like them myself... Always have.... Don't know much about them ... Don't see many replacement parts for them listed anywhere other than repo stripe kits including the R.R. and the # 43 Kit car .... There is a wagon version just down the road that has been sitting for several years that is awful tempting.... Good luck...

Had a 77 Aspen R/T Super Pac 360 auto brand new. It was white with gold stripes. Still one of the best cars I ever owned.

My first Mopar was a '76 Volare roadrunner. The p.o. dropped in a 340, 727, and 8 3/4 rear. I put that poor car through hell. Finally the rust monster forced it off the street. I looked for another body to swap all the good stuff. Couldn't find anything decent and bought a '68 SuperBee. I still miss my Volare. I used to see a tubbed pro-street Volare from southern Ontario on AutoTrader.ca

Wylde1.

i like them mt wagons around here some where check front frame rail driversside

I used e-body XHD leaf springs with mounts from Firm Feel.

my buddy is putting me on hold about buying my truck,so i might end up losing the volare.Im sure it will prob be sold before i can get the cash now

My 1990's college car was a white 79 Volare Duster white with red stripes and a bright red interior with plaid seats. It had the slats on the side windows, a red pin stripe down the side and red strips on the tail panel. Slant 6 car with air and no rust on an original Northern Ontario car. One winter it hit -30 for a month straight with the frost going below 7 feet. No block heater this car started every morning but I had to hold the door shut for the first 5 miles or so until it warmed up enough for the latch. Great car until the wiring caught fire on my way back down to work in Guelph in the summer. Sold if for next to nothing. It was a fun car to drive. I am thinking of getting another.

I don't have one, but I'm a fan. I have an 8.25 with a 3.21 Sure-Grip out of an Aspen R/T if that counts for anything.

gimme43steps.jpg

Had a '77 Road Runner long enough to pay off the loan. Second car I ever kept that long. If I could find another one that wasn't a total rust bucket, I'd jump all over it. Great cars, especially with the bucket seat/console setup. Mopar Performance made a set of cast iron mounts to replace the rubber between the unibody and the front subframe. Mancini Racing still sells them. Sway bars from a Dippy/Gran Fury cop car will bolt right on and the window plugs come out easily and can be replaced with glass if you can get the quarter window seals. A big block makes a nice addition too. Good luck with it and you will have tons of fun driving it.

The guy said it sold the first day it was on cl.This blue one has 81,000 original miles.I just got off the phone with the guy,because i want to go pay for it,but he said were he lives,the dot hasnt scraped the roads,or put anything down,so there is a lot of ice down.I guess i better wait until its safer to travel,its still icy here too.The car wont do me no good,if i die trying to get it,lol.Id rather wait until next weekend when i can hopefully trailer it home as soon as i pay for it.He said it needs a starter,and the trans dont shift right.Both of those things i can fix,or have replacements on hand.Im guessing the kickdown isnt adjusted properly on the trans,since he said he just changed the fluid and strainer,and the old fluid looked and smelled new.The starter i can rebuild,or put a mini in its place,since there are already headers on it,the big stock ones dont like to fit without a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back