Any Cali Members????

-

big66440

Reaction score
Hello there,any Cali members in this forum or neighboring states,I've posted a few times but would like to get to know some of my neighbors,I've already had the pleasure of meeting 6dart9,anyone else?:salut:

Cool, forgot to say I'm in El Monte(real close to Irwindale)

Simi Valley here!!

They are planning for 50 to 100 Mopars at the free Hotchkis Open House and Car show in Santa Fe Springs. FREE FOOD for all in attendance!!

That's not too far from El Monte. Come meet some So Cal Mopar people. ANY Mopar is invited, any shape or condition.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=65481

Hotchkis-Mopar-OpenHouse-BWMed.jpg

Thanks!! I'll be picking up some parts from 6dart9 that saturday,,,,too bad we'll be in the wifes Chebby Trailblazer, I'll see if shes not :evil2: too much to stop by and chat and grub for a bit,she actually had a blast at Spring Fling,and loves going to mooneyes and Claysmith with me so it shouldnt be too hard to talk her into it.

Thanks!! I'll be picking up some parts from 6dart9 that saturday,,,,too bad we'll be in the wifes Chebby Trailblazer, I'll see if shes not :evil2: too much to stop by and chat and grub for a bit,she actually had a blast at Spring Fling,and loves going to mooneyes and Claysmith with me so it shouldnt be too hard to talk her into it.

Did you have your car at Spring Fling? Make, model, year, color...?

Nope,I wish I did,did you?or any one else in here?

Yep. My Barracuda was there. I'm part of the car club that hosts the show.

Here are pictures of FABO members cars. We are trying to get the groups like FABO to park together so we can get a little "meet and greet" going on for Saturday. We had only 3 cars park together. It was our first time trying it.

rlk340, daves66valiant, Burntorange70 parked together on satruday. But many other FABO members were in displays, other groups, or came on Sunday. 67GTX, dart4forte, redfastback, johnny dart, Team Dart, MoparJ showed thier Mopars. Lots more FABO members shopped for parts and checked out the cars.

Pictures here:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=60892

CPP? cool,I noticed you guys did a little "extra" this year, I've been meaning to ask why the show wa was held across the street about 2 years ago?,,,sorry for the late response

Hello there,any Cali members in this forum or neighboring states,I've posted a few times but would like to get to know some of my neighbors,I've already had the pleasure of meeting 6dart9,anyone else?:salut:

Hey 'Big' - I grew up in Montebello, not too far from El Monte. Been in Placentia (N. Orange County) for a number of years now.
Come on out to the Hothchkis deal next weekend. Our club (Inland Mopars Car Club) will have several members cars there. We'll also have our 2009 chaity raffle car (1970 'Plum Crazy' Dart Swinger with a Paxton-supercharged 360) on display and probably sell a few raffle tickets while there. Somebody's gonna get a fun Mopar ride when we pull the winning $5 raffle ticket at Fall Fling. Stop on by and say 'Hi' to me (ocdart) and FABO members 'carriesduster' and '67gtx'.
In fact, see the thread here on FABO about our club picnic is in Fontana tomorrow. All Mopar owners are invited.

1970_Dodge_Dart_Swinger_built_by_Inland_Mopars (Small).jpg

CPP? cool,I noticed you guys did a little "extra" this year, I've been meaning to ask why the show wa was held across the street about 2 years ago?,,,sorry for the late response

The whole entire Sepulveda Basin is a flood control area. The street there on Woodley is designed to flood and that is why there are crossing gates near Victory blvd to close the street off in heavy rains.

Well three years ago we had really heavy rains in So Cal that flooded the park. Even though it stopped raining like a week before Spring Fling that year, the grass we hold the show on was absolutely soaked. When you just walked on it you could see the water gushing out of it. No way you could drive cars on it.

So with 48 hours notice the LA Parks dept contacted me and said we couldn't drive vehicles on Woodley Park. Basically no show with two days notice. This is a national event that people travel from as far away as Japan, Europe, and Austrailia!!! But the park dept said they would specially open this other area they don't allow functions at just for us.

Troy Bray, Julius Steuer, and myself took our calculated layout of Woodley Park and transposed and modified it to fit an area than none of us had ever seen before. We scrambled Thrusday night and all day Friday and had everything measured out to the nearest 1/2 foot.

For two day notice moving a two day event with 250 swappers, 500 cars, and 8000 spectators, went really good I think. Big problem was show car entry on Saturday morning. The facility only allowed one lane entry.

To this day some people think it was a whole planned change just for our 20th anniversary show. It was far from that.

Located in Colton, by the speedway in fontana, but I go to school in Pomona, not too far from Irwindale

Cool thanks for the info AutoX,I remember my brother and I panicked for a minute that day thinking it was canceled but we just followed a 68 charger into the parking lot and sure enough well hidden from view was the show.Hosehead youre a rock throwing distance from my house,my wife works at the Kaiser right by the Pep Boys. I'll try my best to stop by the hotchkis bbq next week guys.

Hey there!.....I'm up in the high desert city of Hesperia. I've got a '67 Barracuda convertible and a '69 Dart hardtop......and various other junk!

-
Back