Any comments on AT&T U-verse?

-

WildCat

Reaction score
I currently have Time Warner for Internet, phone and cable

IM SICK OF THEM! They keep raising my monthly bill, this month a few dollars more than last for no reason

Got an offer from AT&T but don't know anyone that uses them. Have heard bad things about them, but don't know if it is true

At one time we didn't have cable or land line. Used an air card from Verizon for Internet we had to be careful not to go over on our connection time, but able to watch almost everything we want on rabbit ears, yes I have TV's on rabbit ears in the house and barn that I have been too lazy to hook up to the cable.

So AT&T customers would like to hear from you.

We got UVerse when they first offered it in Marietta, GA. Since it was new, it took three trouble calls for them to find all the bad copper from the house to the Fiber connection...about a city block. The third tech to come out was an old guy that said "when this happens I grab my tool bag and take a walk." He came back 30 minutes later with some bad connectors and a length of bad copper wire he found. Never had a problem after that.

My wife and I loved UVerse. Internet was super fast, and there were more channels than we needed. I was reliable after they found all the bad copper. I think it all costs too much.

When we moved to Virginia we went with Cox which was a big mistake. Then we changed to Verizon FIOS since UVerse is not yet available here.

When we move again, I'll go back to UVerse.

My son in law installs u-verse in Louisville.He says it is the wave of the future,but it is not offered where I live so I dont really know.He gets it at a big discount(employee)I would love to try it.I hate Time Warner....................................................................Jeff

I tried AT&T for a few years and finally dropped them.

They make promises and don't keep them.

I signed up for DSL, and wasn't happy with their performance. So they offered to let me try U-verse and if I didn't like it, I could switch back. After a while of not liking the U-verse, I requested to go back to DSL, and they said that it is no longer offered. They suckered me.

So I signed up for the 12 Mbps U=verse, and could not get above 9 mbps. Afte a while it would lock up. I would complain and they would send a guy out to "look at it". I had to wait for four hours for them to show up.

After many tech visits, then they decided that I was "at the end of the line" and they couldn't support me at 12 mbps, so they dropped me down to 6 mbps. Then I could not get anything over 4 mbps on a good day, and some days less than 1/0 mbps and sometimes couldn't even log or stay connected to the internet.

After literally 20 visits from tech service, I had enough and switched to WOW cable internet. They promised me 15 mbps and when hooked it up, tested at 15.5 mbps.

WOW is not perfect, but much better than AT&T...

So in closing to answer your question about any comments about AT&T internet ---> THEY SUCK!

I have Time Warner for cable and internet. Not the greatest, but they at least have Chicago stations. Not in HD, but still. Since I live btw Chicago and Milwaukee, the air waves are filled with about 60 channels of stuff available. Thing is, I need an antenna that will pick it all up. About 60 miles each way, and antennas are over $100 ea, and I need 2. U-Verse don't have Chicago stations, and the HD programming is more, so in the end to be near the programming it would end up costing about the same for the service. I have yet to pull the plug on TW yet. Whole thing sucks because internet and cable is basically a monopoly.

I prefer SG-U but the bastards took it from me.

MV5BOTEzNTY5NDY5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTY4MDQ3Mg@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I'm generally happy with our U-Verse, but there is some dispute between them and Fox which has been going on for some time. As a result, I am missing some soccer matches and there are some NASCAR events they won't televise live.

So in closing to answer your question about any comments about AT&T internet ---> THEY SUCK!

My story is similar to KK. I'd had it with Time Warner raising my rates every six months for the last twenty years so as soon as U-verse became available we signed up. I've had no less than TWENTY technicians and supervisors to my house over the years trying to diagnose an intermittent cable outage. We are at the very end of a long run and the line has to go under/over/through a creek to get to our house. Every time the weather changes the cable and internet go out. It has gone out at the most inopportune times, like a hour before the Super Bowl when I had a house full of people. They raise our rates every six months just like TW and the only way you can get a better rate is to call and complain, and then they lock you into a 12 month contract at a lower rate.

Google Fiber is about to be installed in our neighborhood as we speak. I now have three options for cable. I think I'll spend a few hours on the phone and let them fight it out for my business.

-
Back